• April 25, 2024, 02:07:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-615 dropping wireless signal  (Read 6769 times)

clanza

• Level 1 Member
DIR-615 dropping wireless signal
« on: July 20, 2009, 08:19:55 AM »

OK, so here is my issue. I recently purchased the DIR-615 to replace an old linksys router. The router itself works fine when the computer is hardwired to it. Also, the wireless works perfectly fine when i disable all security (WPA and WEP) and open up my network for the entire world to use. Once I apply WPA or WPA2 it only works for about half an hour and then it drops the signal. This happens with all of the devices that i login with. Currently i have two computers running windows vista, an ipod touch, and a blackberry with wifi. None of them ever had issues in the past. The devices claim that the password is wrong. I made sure all of the devices have the most recent drivers. I also have the most updated firmware for the router 3.11NA. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: DIR-615 dropping wireless signal
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 11:46:17 AM »

Yes, happened to me when I was using a DIR-615 (B1) router.  Got it warranty replaced and still did not fix my issues.  I have since went to a DIR-628 and been "stable," after a lot of "factory resets" at first set ups.

echoDreamz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »

You are not alone, I have this exact issue and its getting pretty old. Think this will be my last go around with D-Link and their hardware.

Back when I was a tech we said that D-Link stood for Doesn't-Link and I figured 5 years later they would have better hardware, this has not proven to be true, and they still hold their name Doesn't-Link.

Unfortuantely Wireless just is not a good item for networking, I have not yet found a solid Wireless product to this date.

Friend of mine has the DIR-628 stated above and has similar issues of lost signal even when he is 10 feet away from the router in line-of-site.

clanza

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »

Well I guess i got what i paid for. Anyway its working a little bit better after changing the default ip address. Who knows if that helps or not. If it gets too annoying, I'll just open up the network for all of the neighbors to enjoy.

clanza

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 07:49:02 AM »

OK, so I finally realized i had the router sitting right next to a wireless speaker system. I pulled the plug on the speakers and the computers hook up to the router flawlessly. However, the ipod and blackberry still wont connect. Oh well guess I'll take one headache at a time.