• March 28, 2024, 01:03:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: DNS-323 1.08 Beta Bug List / Improvement List  (Read 117549 times)

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
Re: DNS-323 1.08 Beta Bug List / Improvement List
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »

They could also fix the real FTP bug that you have in this thread! :D

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=9116.0
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

acomp917

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 12:32:32 PM »

Somebody probably suggested this.

Is there any reason to have the web configuration/apps pages broken into two logins? If not, I think it should ALL be under one login.  Password is the same. I find it difficult to manage the BT app and then move to the config page in order to shut down the app.

The reason I shut off the app is: NAS wont sleep with it running.

Does anyone even monitor these suggestions?

Thanks All

amunoz_tico

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 04:55:22 PM »

Dear friends from D-Link,

When do you expect to launch the new firmware version 1.08 ??

Regards!

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 05:47:42 PM »

Dear friends from D-Link,

When do you expect to launch the new firmware version 1.08 ??

Regards!

No eta yet. New beta build should go up after the thanksgiving holiday weekend.

dartman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2009, 02:35:22 AM »

Songs, playlists are not displayed correctly, long names are shorted.

Streaming flac files to my Onkyo PR-SC5507 works perfectly !

Cheers,

manusz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2009, 10:24:08 PM »

Bug: Adding files to BT client in vista x64: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=9425.0

cybernica

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »

BUG: When modifying a user from the FTP access list, after you select apply on the pop-up window instead of a confirmation message you get a blank screen. I currently have beta 1.08 build8 installed.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 07:31:34 PM by cybernica »

jolley

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2009, 03:53:23 PM »

Been waiting for 1.08 to be able to play my Panasonic camera's AVCHD Lite footage on my PS3 without having to rename my .MTS files.

I decided to upgrade from 1.07 to 1.08b8 as the feature list now included support for .M2TS files, however I still have to rename my .MTS files for the UPnP server to "see" them and stream to the PS3.

I also noticed that after the 1.08b8 update the fan was on constantly even though the setting was auto, I had to change the setting to something else then back to auto to resolve that. Also the new FTP SSL/TLS feature didn't work until I ticked the checkbox to only allow SSL/TLS then untick it again. I guess this is why they recommend resetting to defaults after a firmware update.

No other problems so far, but if you could just look into the .MTS file extension...thanks!

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2009, 04:23:39 PM »

Have you tried resetting the unit to defaults yet to see if .MTS was working? Make sure you also hit the refresh button to rescan your folders.

jolley

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 05:09:24 AM »

Not reset to defaults yet.

I have refreshed using the button but still does not show the .MTS files.

I have renamed the .MTS files to .M2TS and they are now visible and work perfectly.

Are you confident that resetting to defaults will make .MTS files appear? Does your 1.08 unit show them?

Cheers

fredcl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 04:13:54 PM »

Hi

I installed version 1.08 beta and it runs smoothly, at least if I compare it to the previous official version in respect to access and performance.  ;D
Looking to the case and LED lights themselves it strucks me that even if no computer in the network is active (all are switched off) and only the router (D-link 825), modem ( Zyxel ADSL modem) and the NAS are active the lights of the NAS (especial the right handed disk light) is flashing if it is working very hard.
The NAS should be configured as going to sleep mode if no network activity is ongoing. It seems not to be the case. ???
Is this a bug ?
Anybody else observing this 'ghost' activity ?

Thanks for your feedback.

cklassen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2009, 09:34:08 PM »

Not sure if this was mentioned before but fix up the FTP Access List

Simple setup: folder B is in Folder A

Under the network access tab, I am able to Give User_A Read/Write access to Folder A and only Read access to folder B.

In the FTP Server tab, I am not able to achieve this. You can only have 1 ftp access list for User_A. the only way to achieve this (the read/write access portion of this) is to have 2 separate user accounts and give both of them the appropriate access for either Folder A or Folder B. Or give User_A Read/Write Access to Folder A and give anonymous access Read Access.

Both of the options don’t cut it. Allow us to create nice and how ever complicated access lists we want.  For instance, in my setup, I don’t want to give anonymous access, I only want ftp access via 1 simple login user name and define the appropriate access to each and every folder.

Also, another very useful addition which would compliment this very nicely would be a third option from the 2 (Read and Read/Write access), give a third option for Delete Access.

Just because I give a user read/write access, doesn’t mean I also want them to be able to delete the files/folders.

Essentially, allow complex user access, like you can define in either Windows and/or Linux.

timbermel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 03:43:58 PM »

Hello,

I have to save again settings of device to have access to my mounted network (workgroup) under win XP.

Tim

enigmab17

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2009, 04:12:11 AM »

Would just like to suggest a feature that would drastically improve the usefulness of the UPNP server.

1- Ability to specify different folders for different media, e.g. select a folder for music, a folder for photos and a photo for video instead of a root folder for all.

2- Ability to view refreshed index file "locally" through the administration section.

Thanks ;)

Rickou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2009, 08:35:07 AM »

Hello,

why the certificate for the https access to the admin console is regenerate every reboot ? is it a bug ?

Rickou
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8