• March 28, 2024, 04:54:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem with DNS-320...  (Read 5677 times)

billb

• Level 1 Member
Problem with DNS-320...
« on: July 12, 2011, 02:18:43 AM »

Hi all,

My DNS-320 has been fine for months - a few problems with sharing to os x but nothing too bad. I recently tried the beta version 2.01 and didnt really see any improvement, or any problems.

Yesterday I tried to reboot the unit - I hadn't really noticed where it did this before but I thought the power light was flashing for a long time. When it stopped and went solid like the 2x HD lights I couldnt find the unit on the network..

I've tried mixes of having the HD's out of the unit / in the unit / resetting the box via the pin on the back and occasionally the unit comes up. On one of the bootup's I flashed it back to the 2.00 release of the firmware however that has made no difference...

Any Suggestions?

Edit: I've just left it for a while turned on and with one HD in the Right bay... the power light has turned off and the right disk light is still on... weird?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:40:01 AM by billb »

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
Re: Problem with DNS-320...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 05:24:11 AM »

It's always a good practice to reset NAS to factory default after doing a firmware upgrade.

As for why the power light turned off after a while, it probably going to power saving mode. HD light remain on as long as a drive is installed and detected by the NAS.
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 10:34:28 AM »

Can you ping the DNS-320 from your PC? Did you check your router web interface to validate that the DNS-320 is on the network? The router may need to be rebooted or there could be a faulty network cable.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

billb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 10:36:59 AM »

I got it all sorted.. for some reason the box was having an off day.. Coupled with the fact I had fun_plug on there which was having a whole different set of issues. After removing it all by putting it into another linux box all is well again.

I still have issues (lack of speed / permissions problems with multiple users) with my network shares on OS X but I'm used to that now.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 02:33:21 PM »

I got it all sorted.. for some reason the box was having an off day.. Coupled with the fact I had fun_plug on there which was having a whole different set of issues. After removing it all by putting it into another linux box all is well again.

I still have issues (lack of speed / permissions problems with multiple users) with my network shares on OS X but I'm used to that now.

Glad everything worked out. For many users, fun_plug isn't that much fun to use.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 05:41:26 PM »

Glad everything worked out. For many users, fun_plug isn't that much fun to use.

But unfortunately without it there is no shell access. Seriously, D-Link should include this basic feature in their firmware.
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]