• March 28, 2024, 09:17:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-343 Temporarily Pausing/Freezing  (Read 2994 times)

Stonehenge

• Level 1 Member
DNS-343 Temporarily Pausing/Freezing
« on: September 08, 2009, 06:08:00 AM »

Has anyone had problems with their 343 stuttering when the drive space begins maxing-out?  Randomly, and for 5-15 seconds at a time,the 343 just stops streaming all data - this affects file transfers, media streaming, and printing functions - everything freezes simultaneously and then suddenly continues where it left off. I'm running both Vista 32 and 64 bit on various computers.  This happens over all wired and wireless connections.   The 343 is running 4 WD 500 GB drives in Raid 5, at 82% full.  Firmware v 1.02.  I'm fairly certain it's not the router (DIR-855), as I just updated the firmware/played with settings with no results.  Nothing else has really changed over the last few months, other than loading more and more data on the drives.   Other than drive space, I've exhausted most other options - any thoughts are appreciated.

QS

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-343 Temporarily Pausing/Freezing
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 10:48:16 AM »

RAID5 builds parity which requires time. As such, copy speeds will vary. At 82% full, it might be time to increase the HDD capacity.

Stonehenge

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-343 Temporarily Pausing/Freezing
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 07:08:52 AM »

Thanks, QS.  Unfortunately, this is happening during reading operations as well.  Also not sure why printing functions would freeze simultaneously, as they should be working independently of the Raid activity.