• March 28, 2024, 02:51:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: one minute problem - Please share if you have been successful  (Read 49632 times)

davidl

• Level 1 Member

I am having the countdown 1 minute problme on mydlink. Have the Dir 655 and 1130 and 930. Have tried everything. Customer service no help.

Can anyone tell me if they have been successful viewing the camera over mydlink (without the 1 minute countdown).  ???What steps  did you do to setup the camera/router or modem. Would benefit many users. This is a problem that is all over this forum

rjmmoon

• Level 2 Member
Re: one minute problem - Please share if you have been successful
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »

I had the same problem, along with several basic installation problems, and spent hours with tech support, and couldn't solve the problem. I took the automatic protection mode off in IE security settings and after a reboot, everything worked.
I also installed a third camera, and came to the conclusion that the other two had to be unplugged during the installation of the third...I believe that having one plugged in while trying to install a second, causes problems...just my belief..I now have two 930's and one 932, and all work perfectly...
ALSO, if you do not want to change security settings, try FIREFOX. Camera work perfectly without reducing security.
Hope this works...it took me two weeks to get these working...one of my last steps included installing a new DIR-655 router, and first updating the firmware before installing the cameras!!
PS: After the new router and security changes, and unplugging the first camera, the second took about 2 minutes to install; then immediately unplugging the second camera, the third took about 2 minutes to install....couldn't have been faster!

davidl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 05:23:54 AM »

that did not work for me ??? Also have the 1 minute countdown on iphone mydlink app. I have bandwith, upnp router . If everyone  can share their sucess would be helpful for the forum. Please describe how you fixed the 1 minute countdown problem with mydlink web and mydlink iphone.  ???

Tarv

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 08:19:43 AM »

I have two 1130's and do not have the 1 min viewing problem, never have.

When setting up the camera, I did specify different external HTTP and RTSP ports for each device so they would not conflict.  (Internal ports left default 80/554).  It didn't make sense to me why it would let you set that when uPNP should take care of that anyway.

If uPNP is sending the same external port to each camera, that would cause issues.

Maybe that's something to try?

davidl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 05:33:07 AM »

The issue is not with two cameras. I can not even get one camera to work on mydlink or mydlink lite for iphone for more than one minute. I wondering if it is the modem. it is a westel 6100 att. Has anyone got att and westel 6100 and it works? please share your sucess.  ???

rjmmoon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »

Check out this link for the 930L and 932L:
http://mydlink.com/faq/DCS930L

davidl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 07:58:19 AM »

Why can I only view my camera's Live Video for one minute?

If your camera is connected to a router that does not support UPnP, you will only be able to remotely view your Live Video for one minute at a time. router is dir 655 with UPNP cliked on?If you are viewing your Live Video from a PC on the same local network, or if your router supports UPnP, you will not have this limitation.

??? I know I am not the only person with problem? Please share the fix. ;D

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 11:04:02 AM »

My router is a "Trendnet TEW-633GR" which supports Wireless "N".

UPnP is definitely enabled. I confirmed this again last night. I even unplugged the router for a few seconds to reboot it. Still, when I am viewing the cameras via myDLink from the office, I am limited to 60 seconds and the viewing image is just 320x240.

When I am at home, there is no time limit and the image is 640x480 (same as what the cameras are set to).

So, in short, I am stumped as well.

digicam07

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »

I had this exact same issue on my 932L.

I was able to view without any limit on my lan by directly entering the local ip of the cam.
But both mydlink.com and Android would time-out at 1 min and here is how i think i resolved it.

I have a Linksys E2000 router.
1)  Login to Router and assign a static IP to my Dlink 932L  say  192.168.1.112
2) Go to portwarding setting on your router and enter a new rule to forward
External port 80 to your internal port 80 on your new static ip of 192.168.1.112
3) Save the setting on your router, wait 30 secs.
4) Verify your ip of the camera is as newly assigned. (else reboot once)
5) verify that mydlink site now offers complete stream without the 60 secs timeout limit

Doing this seems to have solved the issue for me, hope this help you all too
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 06:51:10 PM by digicam07 »

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 08:56:13 AM »

Here's what I don't get. When I use the myDLink Lite app on my Android phone via a 3G connection (such as away from home), there's no time limit. But if I use my office PC, there is.

What's the difference? I'm accessing both via the internet. One is the Android app via Sprint's 3G network and the other is the mydlink website via my work's ISP.

Colecago

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 02:13:22 PM »

I've gotten it to work by installing DD-WRT on my WRT54GL, set static IP addresses for my camera, changed their ports to something else, and forwarded them in my router.  I can access the cams by going to my external ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port but you can't use mydlink anymore, or the stock android app because there are no port settings.  Try tinycam.  You do not need UPnP if everything is forwarded correctly, I have it turned off and I can access my cams fine.  For your ip address I recommend using a service like dyndns so you can link a host name to your ip address.  Many routers have a setting to link up with a service like this, otherwise you can run something on your computer, that way if your address changed, dyndns automatically links it to that host name, it will be something like
whateveryouwant.selfip.org:cameraport

drclink

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 07:13:31 AM »

I corrected my problem by accident while I was changing settings trying to activate the email notification. I am using a bell supplied 2wire modem and had my camera settings set for static IP. I switched to PPPoE and, voila, my "1 minute" problem was fixed. I do not understand why but I do know that there is now no time limit on my remote viewing. I am using a DC-932L.

rflagg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 11:22:09 AM »

I have the exact same problem.  One minute limit outside my network via mydlink.  (Both web and iPhone).  If I use the browser www.xxx.yyy.zzz:port, the viewing is unlimited.  I'd really like the iphone to display the stream without the time limit.

I'm not familiar with PPPoE.  Exactly what did you do to enable it?  I'm aware that the camera supports DHCP, Static, and PPPoE.

My hardware is:
1.  AT&T 2Wire Modem  (U-Verse)
2.  DLink DIR-855 Router  (UPnP enabled, on latest firmware)
3.  DCS-932L Camera

HankTheCrank

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 07:28:29 AM »

We recommend "Total Control" app for all clients with iStuff! My firm sells accounting s/w to retailers for POS, and about 7 years ago we started offering CCTV Business Solutions. At first it was the "Pocket-PC" from T-Mobile running Windows Mobile apps (provided by the manufactures, but Windows 7 phones are a "Real Pain in the Keester," and most of our clients went Android, or Apple; so after evaluating several "Solutions" "Total Control" is the best we've seen! It supports Blackberry, Android, and Iphones (and iPads). I believe you can still goto their site, and download a 30 day demo...

As for us; we're looking for anyone thats used D-Links Wish (Wireless Intelligent Stream Handling settings; because we haven't got a good answer from D-Link?!

Back in the trench,
Hank

harrv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 09:07:57 AM »

I had the one minute problem and solved it (mostly--see below).

Camera: DCS-932L
Router: Linksys WRT54G v1.1
Working router firmware: Tomato 1.28

Router firmware that does NOT work: DD-WRT standard or mini version 24 (and possibly any DD-WRT)

I had long ago changed the firmware on my WRT54G to use DD-WRT which I found to be better than the stock Linksys firmware in every respect. However, even though UPnP is a feature of DD-WRT, it apparently only has partial UPnP support. Upgrading to the Tomato firmware gave me the full UPnP support required by the D-Link camera and mydlink.com. I am now able to view my home camera from home, work, and with the D-Link iPhone app without the one minute countdown.

I still have a few issues. Although I set the camera's video size to be 640x480, when viewing through mydlink.com outside of my home network the video is resized to something smaller than that. Also, outside of my home network I cannot see a live picture when looking directly at the camera settings page, nor can I set the motion detection zones with a live picture.

I hope this is helpful for someone else.
Pages: [1] 2