• March 28, 2024, 05:41:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Lost motion detection draw area capability  (Read 8304 times)

techevo

• Level 1 Member
Lost motion detection draw area capability
« on: June 04, 2013, 12:29:02 PM »

Hi,

I cannot use figure out how to bring back the fonctionnality to draw motion detection area.  It worked one time now all I have is a black area ( no video ) and I cannot draw the small square anymore.

I'm 100% linux here sot it is a real pain to work with activeX ( hint hint html5 ! ).  It worked at first in a VM with windows 8 but today it refuse to work.   I tried from 2 different VM one in win7 and other win8. same result.  I borrowed a win7 laptop and still same result.  After installing the activex I can see the live feed but I don't get the motion detection part working.  I rebooted the cameras twice and even unpluged it ... still no luck.

It did work the first day I installed the cameras but now I cannot configure the area I want for motion detection.

Any ideas ?

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
Re: Lost motion detection draw area capability
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 08:45:23 PM »

I've had trouble also, on Windows 7 it works for me only with Internet Explorer (which uses ActiveX), not with Firefox (which I think uses Java instead of ActiveX).

techevo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 02:02:56 PM »

My ploblem is now event any internet explorer with the activex installed does allow me to setup the motion detection area.

It used to work but not anymore.  Tried on several different computer.

About to reset to factory default de camera but it's a pain to redo all the seting now thar everything is working almost perfect.

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:40:41 PM »

Are you doing this remotely, or via a local connection (like http://192.168.1.xxx)  There's a way into the setup menus from the internet (through the "advanced settings" button on the mydlink website, or http://12345678.mydlink.com, where 12345678 is your camera's "serial" number). In this case your connection has to pass through your router's firewall.  When connecting this way, I can't update the motion area either (the mydlink site also displays a message "For security reasons, some Advanced Settings related to live video and motion detection are not accessible remotely").  Note if you use the mydlink site "advanced settings" button or camera serial number method while connected locally, I believe it will make a direct connection.  I've only been able to update the motion area via a direct local connection.  I'm not sure what happens if you open a port in your router for direct connection through your firewall.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:48:09 PM by GaryNY »

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:34:06 PM »

Are you doing this remotely, or via a local connection (like http://192.168.1.xxx)  There's a way into the setup menus from the internet (through the "advanced settings" button on the mydlink website, or http://12345678.mydlink.com, where 12345678 is your camera's "serial" number). In this case your connection has to pass through your router's firewall.  When connecting this way, I can't update the motion area either (the mydlink site also displays a message "For security reasons, some Advanced Settings related to live video and motion detection are not accessible remotely").  Note if you use the mydlink site "advanced settings" button or camera serial number method while connected locally, I believe it will make a direct connection.  I've only been able to update the motion area via a direct local connection.  I'm not sure what happens if you open a port in your router for direct connection through your firewall.

Today I was able to change the motion detection area remotely.  This didn't work before.  I don't know if I did anything differently this time.  I did this via Internet Explorer on Windows 7.