• March 29, 2024, 07:30:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: E mail server address OK with DCS932L and KO with DCS2230?  (Read 5300 times)

Monval

• Level 1 Member
E mail server address OK with DCS932L and KO with DCS2230?
« on: January 15, 2012, 04:18:26 AM »

Hi,
I bought two types of D Link cams, DCS932L and DCS2230.
For the motion detection I need to enter my provider server address.
For DCS932L the request is "SMTP server address". I entered smtp.free.fr and it does work, and I do get alerts (with sensibility at 5%, I get 500 mails a day!).
For DCS2230 the request is "server address". I enterd smtp.free.fr and I get an error message "IP address is not licensed". I got the same with "free.fr" or "pop.free.fr". What do I need to enter, to make it work?
What type of server address did you enter for your cam?
Thanks for your help

RooKiED

• Level 2 Member
Re: E mail server address OK with DCS932L and KO with DCS2230?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:02:24 AM »

Try to input the config manually, it might work.
Hey Monval and Caseydoug. It seems you two are the only ones here who own the DCS 2230. Would you please take a few minutes and take some pictures and record some day and night (IR performance) video clips with at least HD resolution (1280x720) and upload them to megaupload to share with us? You could post them in the the following thread
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=45073.0
Many thanks!

Monval

• Level 1 Member
Re: E mail server address OK with DCS932L and KO with DCS2230?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 02:38:43 PM »

Hi,
I agree the wizard won't work. I did it with the manual settings, but it took some times to find where to load my mail info. Then It took some more time due to my 4 DCS932L, my mail was rejected because of too many mails being sent.
The logic of DCS932L configuration is very different from the DCS 2230. It should be based on the same one with more or less options. It looks like a quick job being done, by different teams.
As an example, for the motion detection the choices are not much and very different:
- for the 932L, sensitivity is set to 5% you get 6 frames and you choose the time between 2 frames
- for the 2230, sensitivity is set to 50% and pourcentage to 5%, you get 2 frames, the only choice is the minimum time between two detections (between 0 and 99 seconds).
With my old Linksys WVCA 54GCA, I could choose number of frames, time between frames, quality and time between two detections (from 0 to 999 seconds)
Thanks for your help.