• April 18, 2024, 08:44:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connecting router to actiontec GT701-WG DSL modem  (Read 4883 times)

whiskeysix

• Level 1 Member
Connecting router to actiontec GT701-WG DSL modem
« on: December 08, 2010, 07:39:24 PM »

I am replacing a netgear router with the dir 655, which was connected through our DSL modem. I can login to the router, but I can't get on the internet. We use netbooks and do not have a disc drive. Can I configure the router to connect through the gateway without having to get my username and password from qwest? I didn't need this with the netgear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

schmieg

• Level 2 Member
Re: Connecting router to actiontec GT701-WG DSL modem
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 07:44:47 PM »

Did you reboot the modem? If not, try rebooting it and then rebooting the D-Link so they can acknowledge one another.

whiskeysix

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 06:16:45 AM »

Thanks for the reply Schmeig.  I figured it out.  The router and the gateway had the same address. I changed the address of the router, rebooted the gateway and then the router, and all's well.

schmieg

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 09:21:21 PM »

Thanks for the reply Schmeig.  I figured it out.  The router and the gateway had the same address. I changed the address of the router, rebooted the gateway and then the router, and all's well.
That'll do it. Good troubleshooting.