• April 19, 2024, 01:11:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: sd card to pc  (Read 3940 times)

cyberwasp

• Level 1 Member
sd card to pc
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:36:44 PM »

If I missed something please disregard this message.

Ok, my camera is set up and capturing motion activated video to an sd card which I can access via the d-link web site.

What happens if the thief is smart enough to either disabled the camera, "obviously turning off the power or just taking it with him. The images are on the sd card. Is there a way to tell it to send them to the pc when its done recording or better yet,  a cloud server

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: sd card to pc
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 06:05:08 PM »

I'm working on something mentally with cURL, which may or may not turn into a project, but it would require a  computer to do that work.  The device would probably have to be polled every 2-5 minutes, and you might miss out on those recordings too if it gets turned off quickly.

The DCS-5222L can upload short clips with pauses in between, so you'd get some of the action.  I have it going to a iUSBport with a USB stick attached to it.

Then of course, at this rate, you'd need to kind of hide your router and iUSBport device also. 

Although you can bypass the router, and upload directly to the iUSBport on it's own network...but you wouldn't be able to see the action on the camera remotely.  (Maybe setup another camera?)...

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:58:45 PM »

I can confirm that I can use cURL to download .avi's and .jpegs via dos command line from my computer, with admin/password.  (Trust me, it's just as slow as downloading the files with the web browser :(  )

Anyways, next step would be to build some sort of parser with some intelligence to only do current day and not bother with previous directory structures built.

This is an example command that works on my x32 vista with cURL installed in my home user folder:

C:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Downloads/curl-7.29.0-ssl-sspi-zlib-static-bin-w32/curl-7.29.0-ssl-sspi-zlib-static-bin-w32/curl.exe -k --user admin:PASSWORD -O "https://192.168.1.66/cgi/admin/getSDFile.cgi?file=20130225_223938.jpg&path=DCS-5222L/20130225/22/20130225_223938.jpg"

I guess the worst thing would be requesting an incomplete, unusable stored file... would have to get complicated comparing file sizes and re-downloading if "new file size>previous file size"... since there would be no way to tell when it was finished writing to the SD card.

If you feel brave and download cURL, just replace my URL with a valid file on your SD card... in IE, right click and "copy shortcut" on a valid jpg or avi file... you must use the quotes...

The only other problem that I have in writing in Java using cURL, is that I don't know when the download is "finished"....  (I've thought about this, and my final goal would be to upload to an offsite place, encrypted).  I haven't figured many of these parts out yet...and I'm not sure I want to be sole developer on this...

I'm not new to programming, but I'm new to cURL and this whole DCS camera thingy...and my day job deals nothing with this type of stuff....and I'm usually burnt out when I get home.... :'(

cyberwasp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 07:55:04 PM »

Just came from a friends that made her own using a broken camcorder hooked to a motion sensor that continuously writes to a wireless 100g hard drive for less than $150. LOL she can also access the live feed from any smartphone

Think I'm returning the d-link junk tomorrow as I have to reboot the dang thing every time I want to view it
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:57:47 PM by cyberwasp »