• March 28, 2024, 05:01:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-link DIR600 wireless access point ip conflict issue  (Read 12572 times)

samanthalk

• Level 1 Member
D-link DIR600 wireless access point ip conflict issue
« on: August 12, 2010, 04:14:06 AM »

Hi,

I have setup a DIR600 router as a wireless access point and configured it using wireless setup on it to take IP address automatically by contacting the DHCP server.

when it reloaded, it takes my domain controllers (My DHCP server) ip address as its address while creating IP address conflict with the server. when i check the dhcp server, sometimes its hostname comes under the address leases and sometime not comming.

my server's host name goes as "server.xxxx.com" and access points host name is mention as "dir600.server.xxxx.com" in the DHCP leases section.

can anybody help me to avoid the router taking the server address? (server address has statically configured)

dumbdeelink

• Level 1 Member
stupid D-Link DIR-600 problems
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »

Hi, Looks like you have similar problem to me. I took my D-link routers out into back tyard and smashed them. I will never buy Dlink equipment again.

problem...
1- Installed a DIR-600 - setup page at 192.168.0.1
2- Removed DIR-600 and replaced with DSL-2730B as I wanted ADSL2. - setup page at 192.168.1.1
3- Internet would stop operating. Discovered that the setup page for DSL was replaced by that of DIR.       Accessing 192.168.1.1 would show up DIR setup page instead. WTF.
4- Could not get rid of this anomaly. Smashed Dlink equipment and threw in garbage. Formatted C drive.
5- Installed C-isco Link-sys ADSL2 router. Nice unit.  - setup page at 192.168.1.1
7- Anomaly appeared again, ie Internet stops and setup page at 192.168.1.1 becomes DIR-600 setup page
6- It appears that one computer on my LAN is 'infected' as if I disconnect the ethernet cable from another computer the internet computerm returns to full operation.
7- I'm about to format the c drive on that other computer.
8- Solution...NEVER buy Dlink equipment. It contains ghost software which installs on your system, takes over the address 192.168.1.1, and you can not remove it. What a disgrace. Somewhere around step 3 above Dlink support simply got me to plug my laptop onto my router and, because that seemed to work ok, the problem was therefore mine. WTF dlink????

altair_xms

• Level 2 Member
Re: D-link DIR600 wireless access point ip conflict issue
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 07:42:56 AM »

is somebody here who believes what you are telling!?
are you from Cisco?