• April 24, 2024, 07:41:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: ''Access denied to LAN system with MAC address....  (Read 5354 times)

life9328

• Level 1 Member
''Access denied to LAN system with MAC address....
« on: September 24, 2009, 06:49:43 PM »

That's the message I get on the router's lcd screen.Can't even get to my router's page ! I've tried everything, (reset many times) and nothing can give me access to my internet connection (cable). anybody can help me on this? Thanks.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
Re: ''Access denied to LAN system with MAC address....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 07:38:36 PM »

Can you access the router using the web browser?

SkyOwl

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:21:59 PM »

Make sure the LAN cable from the computer you are using is plugged into the router one of the router LAN ports, not the single WAN port.  Have nothing else plugged into the router.  Turn both the router and your computer off then power up the router first, wait for it to intialize, then power up the computer.  Try to access the router using the computers browser with one of the two default router access address's, either dlinkrouter or 192.168.0.1. 

If you get the router screen up the default username is admin and the default password is blank ie empty.  You can then configure your routers LAN settings  and then plug in your WAN cable from your modem and configure the routers WAN access data.  If this doesn't work, try another LAN cable from your computer to the router. 

Hope this helps.

life9328

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 06:59:45 AM »

I tried a few times to reset the router and start over again. Ther's one thing, I am on a 64 bit Windows 7 ...would the 64 bit be the problem?

life9328

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 07:41:48 AM »

I can't acces to the router using my web browser. I think I may have entered a wrong MAC address in my router's config system (by my web browser) the last time I tried to secure my network. Her are the messages I find on my router's LCD screen in the ''Device Status'' section (at the right top end on the LCD screen). When I plug the Lan cable from the pc to the Router (Lan port):''Wireless link is up-Startind DHCP server-Lan interface is up-Lan ethernet carrier detected.''
The message I get after powering up the PC.
''Access denied to Lan system with MAC address #............''
Hope this wil help you to help me. It looks like there is a permanent configuration somewhere in the pc or in
the router that is messing up the network.

SkyOwl

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »

No, 64bit windows works fine and is not the root cause of the problem.

Does your computer have two LAN ports?  If so try using the other one.

If not, would it be possible for you to use a different computer (perhaps ask a friend to bring over their laptop) and try to connect to the router with it?  At least you could determine if the problem is a PC setting or a router setting.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:16:30 PM by SkyOwl »

Legionx

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 04:24:18 PM »

Yea it has nothing to do with 64 bit because i have a 64 bit system and have no problem. You could try assigning the computer a static address on the same subnet as the router so assign it IP:192.168.0.2 Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0 Gateway:192.168.0.0 when i had problems this helped me connect to it most of the time. But if your MAC is some how banned from accessing the router then you would have to use another computer to access the router.