• April 24, 2024, 03:19:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unable to use in Uruguay  (Read 4066 times)

efonia

• Level 1 Member
Unable to use in Uruguay
« on: November 07, 2011, 06:22:11 AM »

Since no D-Link 3G routers available in Uruguay we decided to order to the
USA, once arrived, I configured it to work with the Huawei E226 3G modem
that I had read works fine. The first try it connected the 3G link but after
turning it off and on again, the 3G connection never was established again,
I did several tries, the 3G account's configuration is kept inside the DIR-412.

I had to factory reset it, reconfigure and could establish a 3G connection again,
but it happens the same, when you turn it off, the 3G connection cannot be
established and the Internet Light keeps amber color.

With wired ADSL connection it works fine, the internet connection is established
on demand according to my configuration and even after turning the DIR-412 off
and on again, the wired ADSL internet connection was established properly against the
first internet request with my web browser.

With a ZTE190 3G modem I could never make it work. There is no available firmware
for this US version 3G router at D-Link website, the firmware in my DIR-412 is 1.05US,
the Hardware version is A1 and the product number in the bottom label shows BIR412ANAB...A1.

I also tried inserting the PIN Code of my 3G's sim chip in the 412's configuration because I noted
it shows "verifying pin code", with or without inserting the pin code in the text box. It doesn't
change anything.

When it connects it works fine, so there is not a problem of whole incompatibility with Huawei
E226, rather I believe it might be some problem with the protocol used between the router and
the 3G modem to verify the pin code.

Is there any newer firmware for this US unit somewhere? I don't dare to use the latinamerica firmware
files, the original firmware is dated june 2010, quite old for the 3G world, trying to verify for new firmware
inside the router's web configuration page, it shows there is no new firmware available.

Looking for some help with this quite expensive device.

Regards

Charly

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Unable to use in Uruguay
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:25:05 AM »

This firmware is engineered for North American products only.
Using this firmware on a device outside of North America will void your warranty and may render the device unusable.

Please contact the D-Link office in your region for firmware updates that are compatible with your D-Link product.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

efonia

• Level 1 Member
Re: Unable to use in Uruguay
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 08:25:17 AM »

I tried with the Latin America firmwares and the router indicates incorrect image file
and haven't made the upgrade, there is no newer firmware for the US version than
the one dated june 2010?

I have confirmed other users have used the DIR-412 with the Huawei E226, so it should be
some firmware that can be loaded to this hardware that works properly with E226, I need
to recover the investment, I could have chosen a cheaper TP-Link in the local market
without problems, but we wanted a higher quality product, but it seems the higher price
and quality are not helping here.

Charly