• March 28, 2024, 10:20:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Received Deauthentication - Wireless disconnects  (Read 5395 times)

Jimrib

• Level 1 Member
Received Deauthentication - Wireless disconnects
« on: June 28, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »

Hi all,

I just thought I would post my testing and findings on this issue.
I have seen here and other places that many of us are plagued with this problem, some people seem to have it solved (maybe).
Up front, wanted to post a few very important points (important for me, anyway).

1. I have a very low-end Linksys router I bought at a yard sale for $5 that does NOT disconnect wireless clients every 10 minutes.
Regardless of any other equipment or changes (or lack of changes), this router works.
For me, this point completely eliminates:
  - Intereference
  - Software or drivers on any of my clients, xbox, iPhone, etc..

2. I have pushed and received an RMA from Dlink.  They replaced my DIR-655 with another (assuming a refurbished), no change to the problem.

3. I believe I have tried most of the suggestions found on forums as well as suggested by dlink support (including NOT hiding ssid, changing default transmission rates / MTU, changing channels, using a utility to find unused channels, moving the router, resetting, turning off all xtra features like uPNP, QOS, etc.)

Why am I going through all this?  Because I feel cheated out of my $90.  I did some research before buying a router (reviews, "top ten", etc).
I had been using a Linksys WRT54G for a long time, but wanted some new features (mainly some advance firewall control, QOS, better speeds, and DHCP Res.
As I continue I am beginning to question this post, since I think I am pretty much at the point of giving up.

I know I have not included many specifics like firmware / hardware rev, WPA settings, etc. but I have burned out on this and will only state that I know what all these are, I have tried changing these (when reasonable) and it has not helped.

Anyhow, thanks for reading, I suppose this has at least been therapeutic for me, and if anyone out there has solved this problem (especially someone with diverse network clients, wired and wireless) I would greatly appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks all, and good luck,
Ribs

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: Received Deauthentication - Wireless disconnects
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 08:33:09 PM »

Hi Ribs,

You never mentioned the Hardware Revision of your D-Link Router.

You never mentioned your Software Firewall you are using on your Wireless Computers.

Do you have a Cordless Phone Base near your Router?

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 11:43:23 AM »

What ISP service do you have? DSL or Cable?
What ISP modem do you have? Stand alone or does it have a built in router by chance?
How are you connecting to the 655? Wired or Wireless?
What wireless modes are you running? Mixed? Single?
What FW version is currently loaded?

Setup Reserved (Static) IP addresses on the router for your devices.
Ensure DNS IP addresses are being filled in under Setup/Internet/Manual.
Ensure Advanced DNS Service is disabled if you have this option.
Ensure DNS Relay is enabled.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

pmancuso

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:13:52 AM »

I have been receiving this Deauthentication incessantly and have just about had it. My hardware and firmware version are as follows:

Hardware version: A2
Firmware: 1.37NA

Clients that receive this deauthentication are essentially all:
- IPADs
-MacBook
-Dell Windows 7 and 8 laptops with Intel ProSet version hardware.

The disconnects are to the point I am looking at the ASUS or some other 802.11ac vendor with high ratings. Anything but DLINK since there are no DLINK responses in any of the forums that I can see offering any true help on this matter.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 07:23:47 AM »

Link>Welcome!

The deauthentication message is only being reported by the routers logs and is indicative of the devices either being put in sleep mode, turned off, going out of range of the router or interferences between the router and the device. The recording of these log messages is by design and a function of the router. Are you devices experiencing problems?

Did you follow this for upgrading FW?
FW Update Process

I have been receiving this Deauthentication incessantly and have just about had it. My hardware and firmware version are as follows:

Hardware version: A2
Firmware: 1.37NA

Clients that receive this deauthentication are essentially all:
- IPADs
-MacBook
-Dell Windows 7 and 8 laptops with Intel ProSet version hardware.

The disconnects are to the point I am looking at the ASUS or some other 802.11ac vendor with high ratings. Anything but DLINK since there are no DLINK responses in any of the forums that I can see offering any true help on this matter.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.