• April 27, 2024, 04:57:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: turning off wifi doesn't work  (Read 6899 times)

lceron

• Level 1 Member
turning off wifi doesn't work
« on: December 01, 2008, 10:58:11 PM »

I am very new to this and maybe someone here can help me.  I am currently testing the turning off the wireless radio feature.  I have yet to be able to turn it off in either radio.  It gives me a problem when I add the rule for either radio.  If I add the rule for a single radio, it doesn't take effect?  Has anyone tested this feature?  If so, has anyone successfully turned off both radios?
DNS-320 2TB JBOD

arod

Re: turning off wifi doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 09:04:27 AM »

Are your guest zones disabled as well? Disable wireless by removing the checked box located in the SETUP > WIRELESS SETTINGS section for both 2.4 and 5GHz and don't forget to save settings. Let me know how it goes, I will attempt to replicate this myself.

lceron

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:10:14 AM »

I have guest turned off on both radios.  Still can't disable the wireless radios at certain time of the day.
DNS-320 2TB JBOD

lceron

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 12:15:24 PM »

Update:

further testing is as follows.  the rule is applied and i can see it as applied in the schedule tab.  one problem i have noticed is that if i apply the rule for the 2.4 ghz radio, i cannot apply it for the 5.0 ghz radio because the same rule already exists with that name and time frame.  i tried renaming the rule for the other radio as well as the time frame and nothing is implemented.  So there must be a solution to having both radios disabled with one rule or two rules for each radio.  Personally, i think there should only be one rule for disabling both radios.
DNS-320 2TB JBOD

lceron

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 02:10:03 PM »

i guess this problem has been acknowledged, i'm glad...
DNS-320 2TB JBOD