• April 19, 2024, 01:04:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 1.15 seems to be working for me  (Read 10404 times)

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
1.15 seems to be working for me
« on: November 11, 2008, 11:53:14 AM »

I flashed to the new fw this am and everything seems to be working so far.  I did notice that I had to reset it and then manually reenter all of my info instead of loading a saved config file.  Port forwarding with games is working now.

Wal_

• Product Managment
  • Level 3 Member
Re: 1.15 seems to be working for me
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 12:52:45 PM »

I flashed to the new fw this am and everything seems to be working so far.  I did notice that I had to reset it and then manually reenter all of my info instead of loading a saved config file.  Port forwarding with games is working now.

Good to hear! any further comments/concerns are appreciated!
The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.

MPDamon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 03:42:08 PM »

1.15 did not fix the PS3 Remote Start Issue I have been posting about that is so very easy to test.  Thread explaining the issue is below.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=2403.0

JackUup23

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 09:53:39 PM »

Wow this seems to work for about ten minutes and then stops responding to any kind of setting I try to put on it,  Should have stayed with 1.02 ???

KevinHsin

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »

Wow this seems to work for about ten minutes and then stops responding to any kind of setting I try to put on it,  Should have stayed with 1.02 ???
I agree, after changeing some settings and rebooted, I wanted to add a gamefuel fuel rule and clicked save, it would just freeze and reboot without the rule that i just put in. =/

neocharles

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »

Upgraded properly for me; and I was able to restore the configuration from the file as well.  All I had to do was reset the admin password.  Security, MAC assignments, etc. were all put back in place.

MPDamon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 08:19:38 AM »

Upgraded properly for me; and I was able to restore the configuration from the file as well.  All I had to do was reset the admin password.  Security, MAC assignments, etc. were all put back in place.

I to had no problems with the upgrade. 

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 10:47:46 AM »

I still have the same issue as before with 1.12/1.13, unlike I did with 1.02. All I notice is that it does not block the game when I open the ports. But from what I see it has fixed the issues for some, so thats a start.

gnarlyDUCK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 07:50:03 PM »

About to try it.. hopefully it all turns out good.

secretaznman

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 08:00:37 PM »

I agree, after changeing some settings and rebooted, I wanted to add a gamefuel fuel rule and clicked save, it would just freeze and reboot without the rule that i just put in. =/

Same exact thing is happening to me, this is pissing me off big time since I cannot configure my router. I cannot turn off wifi, it will freeze up and reboot, i cant password protect it, anything I do it freezes and reboots. So now my network is totally opened and unsecure. I have tried resetting to default and reflashing, same problem.

Dragonslore

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 08:29:13 PM »

When you upgraded the firmware, did you disconnnect everything from the router first before flashing it or did you leave everything connected?

The only network cable that should be connected to the router is the one that is connected to the system you are using to upgrade the router. Even the WAN port should be disconnected.

This is to prevent any possible Unwanted network traffic which might cause the firmware upgrade to become corrupt or possibly to fail. Also make sure you disable any AntiVirus software before starting the upgrade.

Read this thread and try to re-flash the router once again to see if you can get it to take.

- Excuse the writing, I've got a Dyslexic Keyboard

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 12:44:51 PM »

Well it decided to stop accepting changes so I had to roll back to 1.12.  Please let us go back to 1.02 and be done with it.

shpankey

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 07:50:11 AM »

After I first flashed mine to 1.15 (straight from 1.02) it also did the thing where the settings wouldn't take. I used the reset on the back (held it for a minute) and then all was well. I suggest trying that before giving up on it.

Also, I ended up reflashing mine again to fix a problem with streaming quality being poor and now I am super happy, everything works perfectly.