• April 23, 2024, 11:23:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Impossible to set website filter  (Read 3013 times)

jack59

• Level 1 Member
Impossible to set website filter
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »

I've tried in all possible ways but I cannot filter websites for a single machine. It works only if I block internet access as a whole.

I've enabled access control, identified the pc with its mac address and then listed the sites it has to deny access to. Not working at all!!! ???

Does anybody had the same issue? Did you solve it?

Hardware version: A2
Firmware version 1.12EU

Thanks

Magnetron1

• Level 1 Member
Re: Impossible to set website filter
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 11:08:13 AM »

You are not alone!! I have the identical problem with firmware level 1.22NA 2010/01/21 Hardware Version A2.  When the "Block Some Access" and the "Website Filter" options are chosen in the Access Control menu the router totally ignores the entries in the Website Filter. It doesn't make any difference whether you attempt to block access by using a stations IP address or MAC address. Even setting the Advanced Port Filters will not block access to a website. The "Block All Access" option in the Access Control menu works as designed. So far I've not found a detour to the problem.

Magnetron1

jack59

• Level 1 Member
Re: Impossible to set website filter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 11:06:01 PM »

I guess is the software which is not working or maybe the function is not there at all, just the menu shows. I bought this machine only for this capability which is unique among home routers. Unfortunately it is still unique, in the sense that non router does it. I've tried to call the help desk but no one answers. I'll try again