• April 26, 2024, 10:52:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is Perl Add-On Required for ZoneMinder on 340L?  (Read 2446 times)

collywobbles

• Level 1 Member
Is Perl Add-On Required for ZoneMinder on 340L?
« on: May 03, 2015, 12:03:10 PM »

Hi vtverdohleb,
Sorry to hassle you again: just bought this NAS and I'm trying to get it set up before I commit all my data to it.
Attempted to install DNS-340L ZoneMinder Package v1.00_04152015_UA on DNS-340L (1.02 firmware) it fails to install with "Install failed. Please check file" message.
Presumably the DNS-340L needs the perl add-on (which is not in the 340L section of your repository).

(I'd expected perl to be in the firmware given that the 1.02 GPL source contains perl source. But there are no perl modules on this machine just
a perl binary that came from installing sshd)

Could you confirm that the perl add-on is needed.
Will you build a perl add-on for the 340L if needed, please.

Cheers.

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php

collywobbles

• Level 1 Member
Re: Is Perl Add-On Required for ZoneMinder on 340L?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 05:52:35 AM »

Hi vtverdohleb,
thanks for the unexpectedly fast response. The Perl addon installed fine and so did the ZoneMinder.
I've just got to figure how to configure my camera now!
You've saved me a lot of time. I'd installed Perl and it's dependencies from qnapware and was just wondering how to build a DBD::mysql driver when your post came in. Thanks a lot.