• April 27, 2024, 04:10:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: When are we getting new firmware?  (Read 45619 times)

illusion121

• Level 2 Member
Re: When are we getting new firmware?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 07:48:26 AM »

hey kevtech! thx for the suggestion. didn't work though. :( i'm doomed until they put out the new firmware.

alphanumeric

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 07:56:47 AM »

That's good information, alphanumeric.  I plan on following the same procedure you did and try to do the whole thing over again.

When I moved from 1.21 to 1.32NA, I did it on a wired connection, but I used the saved config file from 1.21 to set it up again.  There seems to be some hint that maybe using the config file is not a good idea.  Maybe these problems are not related to the lower-level network processing of the router but simply a bad mapping of an older config file into the new firmware (which would still be a bug).  Just pure speculation.

Anyway, it may be a few days until I can re-do everything.  I am very interested in your continuing status.  If you can, keep us posted.  Thanks!
I started a thread about my re-flash in the PC Shareport section of the forum. I'm going to update that one as time goes by. Right now I only have Shareport installed on one PC. Once I'm sure its not going to **** out again I'm going to install it on a second PC and see if that muddies the waters.  ;)

illusion121

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2009, 07:10:47 PM »

nebody hear ne news on new firmware yet? *crosses fingers*

KGB7

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2009, 02:43:46 PM »

If you have issues with 1.32NA, then you should go back to 1.31 as i did. Im having less issues now. No reboots or lock ups for a week.

alien

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2009, 10:46:20 PM »

were can get version 1.31

Send it to me
First Router Draytek Vigor 2310N for performance an VPN

Backup routers Dlink Dir855, DIR 655
Backup router ASUS WL500GP Premium en WL500g with DDWRT.

alphanumeric

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2009, 04:01:08 AM »

You can get it here.
ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir655/Firmware/
dir655_firmware_131.zip

3cxman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2009, 05:32:36 AM »

??? I wrote to their technical support people 6 days ago now to tell them that VoIP application don't work any more. To this day I have not received any answers from Dlink support. Basically, what is happening, No RTP and SIP packets are being transfered across the router anymore.  I is a great shame that Dlink will not talk about when these firmware issues are going to be fixed. As we now have this issue on a number of sites.
This was a great product, but their is a urgency for us and we will have to change our routers out for ones that work for our VoIP application.

gusf1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2009, 06:25:53 AM »

I downgraded to 1.31 and main features that were broken (port forwarding or virtual server; either one for me) are now fixed again. Not sure about DNS relay.. but I would advise anybody to downgrade to 1.31 - it's easy to try this.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2009, 09:49:46 AM »

I downgraded to 1.31 and main features that were broken (port forwarding or virtual server; either one for me) are now fixed again. Not sure about DNS relay.. but I would advise anybody to downgrade to 1.31 - it's easy to try this.

A bad 1.32 flash or recovery from tha config file may be the cause of this....
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »

??? I wrote to their technical support people 6 days ago now to tell them that VoIP application don't work any more. To this day I have not received any answers from Dlink support. Basically, what is happening, No RTP and SIP packets are being transfered across the router anymore.  I is a great shame that Dlink will not talk about when these firmware issues are going to be fixed. As we now have this issue on a number of sites.
This was a great product, but their is a urgency for us and we will have to change our routers out for ones that work for our VoIP application.

If it is business critical for you, you might want to consider having a matching support contract...

You are not mentioning the attempts to get it working. What has already been done trying to resolve it?
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

alien

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2009, 11:10:40 AM »

for me the downgrade fixed the port forwarding to (firmware 1.31).

With 1.32 i already try several things, but port forwarding didnt work, and shareport was a mess also (also rest to defaults)
First Router Draytek Vigor 2310N for performance an VPN

Backup routers Dlink Dir855, DIR 655
Backup router ASUS WL500GP Premium en WL500g with DDWRT.

jaw_888

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2009, 06:21:02 PM »

1.21 is not that great.  I upgraded to it hoping I'd be able to do a simple schedule which was the whole reason I bought this router to manage my teenagers internet access and it can't be done because the firmware code can't handle time in the 12:00 to 12:59 range.

It appears to have been a completely untested feature.

alphanumeric

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2009, 03:01:52 AM »

I've got mine set to block my Daughters PC from 1230 AM to 700 AM daily. What I found was the router didn't keep good time. She complained to me one afternoon that she couldn't get on the Internet. When I checked things on my router the time was way off even though I had already adjusted it to the correct time.  Checking "Enable NTP Server" fixed that though and it's blocking her at the correct times now. So what happens when you try to set it up?

alphanumeric

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2009, 02:34:58 PM »

A new beta has been posted in the Beta Code section.

illusion121

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2009, 03:03:06 PM »

new beta has been removed? I cant find it newhere even though it was posted only yesterday. From other posts read people were saying it didnt correct nething.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6