• May 10, 2024, 01:59:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Linksys PAP2T and DIR-655 problem in EVERY firmware version...  (Read 33814 times)

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
  • I am not a number. I am a free man!
Re: Linksys PAP2T and DIR-655 problem in EVERY firmware version...
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 09:25:58 PM »

I have to thank you for not letting me down on my high expectations.  You are a true friend.

Truly, what are friends for, Stout Fellow?

I just took a peek at some of the latest posts on other D-Link product forums and HO-LEE CR*P! I'm surprised you guys don't just shut this thing down without fanfare or "how do you do" or Adios or Nothin'! I don't know if you or the rest of the moderators are moderating voluntarily or otherwise but I'm certain that you could find better things to do with your time than to take insults from the likes of ... of .... "someone's" name will come to mind any minute now but never mind that. I appreciate the time you do take to come down from Olympus and speak to mere mortals such as ... um... Xinot, so you'll never hear anything from me but encouragement and praise and high condemnation, er, commendation. Carry on Old Chap and if you don't mind, you need to pay more attention to MY posts and stop wasting you time with .... Xinot. Tootles. :P
Thread derailment: So easy a caveman can do it.

DCIFRTHS

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 03:40:57 AM »

... Carry on Old Chap and if you don't mind, you need to pay more attention to MY posts and stop wasting you time with .... Xinot. Tootles. :P

;)  :)

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 08:15:38 AM »

It is a dirty job, but the job markets tight right now, I mean .......(um)....(where was I)..... but somebody has to do it.

The mods here are all people who have a position at D-Link, and who have the forum added to their list of tasks for the day.  It is usually one of the more enjoyable tasks of my day though.

To be honest things have become more of a train wreck recently, it is a cyclical thing.  All will get better soon.  Either that or I will hang myself, I am sure one of them will happen.

Anyone have a length of rope they can lend me?
non progredi est regredi

netdevil

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 08:32:40 AM »

I'm following this thread with great interest since I am having similar if not identical issues with another piece of VoIP hardware (I had a thread in this forum a while ago) that I haven't been able to solve. Thanks for your efforts everybody!

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 08:44:53 AM »

We aint done nothing yet, hopefully Tsumeone's captures will shed some light. Also what we find here may not apply to your device, but it is too early to know anything for sure.
non progredi est regredi

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 10:37:22 AM »

Anyone have a length of rope they can lend me?

Silk or hemp?  ::)

By the way, I'm writing this from an underground tornado shelter so just TRY and find me.  8)

You do good work, Fatman. I always enjoy being misled by your posts.  ;D

Yes, I guess I am trying to get another "SMITE" on my record for not staying on topic and hijacking the thread. For those of you who actually read this thread for your edification, my profound apologies if I disrupt the continuity. In spite of appearances, I also read to be edified. It is somewhat disconcerting to think that someone's Dogma is taking a bite out of my Karma. I was crushed when I got my first Smite. Now I have 2. I lost at least... 5 minutes of sleep. 1 minute tops. All business and no play makes D-Link a dull boy. I will stop with the harassment of one of our favorite moderators before he starts singing.......just for me.   :-X

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 10:48:19 AM »

Back on topic, I do eagerly await the OPs results, this should be informative.

Silk or hemp?  ::)

You must be a D&D player, only they ask silk or hemp, and them precede to tell you about a +2 circumstance checks to using silk rope.  Good news my rope use check way exceeds the necessary to tie an effective noose, I will take a 10 on this one, scratch that, I will take my time and take a 20.  Perhaps then I will check high enough for a circumstance bonus when using that knot, please don't make the DM a jerk on this one!  Frayed knot, the DM will probably leave me high and dry on this one.

I was thinking paracord, the strength and stretch might be important.  Might have to make an REI run, no more general stores that always sell hemp or silk rope only and always at the same price.

Don't worry about being off topic, I am not going to lock this thread any time soon, and I have the unlock button if anyone else interferes.  That said I am going to *try* to settle down a bit.
non progredi est regredi

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2009, 10:57:45 AM »

Here is the thing reitton, with that alphabet soup after your name, you are more than equipped to realize ICMP type 3 is not the core issue and blocking it is done as a security measure.  It is a wild goose chase.

Routers are not required to pass such messages by standard, on home devices there is no reasonable reason to allow them, and a couple of attacks speaking for blocking it.

DMZ allows all incoming traffic that passes existing security checks and is not otherwise directed by a NAT rule.  It is not consulted in ANY WAY for outbound traffic.
non progredi est regredi

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2009, 12:00:56 PM »

The 'Alphabet soup' does have an advantage: These people are fully qualified to read through he relevant RFC's (792, 1122, 1191, 2003 and so on) themselves.  ;)

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2009, 01:14:50 PM »

My favourites are RFC1149 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149) and RFC2549 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2549), more commonly known as IPoAC (IP over Avian Carriers) and IPoAC/QoS (IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of Service).

*** Modifiedby Fatman to add links, because Fatman is still playing with BBCode tags.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:34:30 PM by Fatman »
non progredi est regredi

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »

Darn. And I wanted to quote the nice man. I wanted to remind him that IT guys by default are devoid of social skills.

EXCEPT YOU Fatman. YOU, have excellent social skills.

Demonized, put the brick down!

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »

You do crack me up Clancy, unfortunately that wasn't my call, apparently the guy (with such great social skills) who yells at all the customers has the most patience with them too.
non progredi est regredi

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »

You are all solid guys, no matter what everyone else says (and they do)!
non progredi est regredi

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009, 04:04:10 PM »

I just gave the nice moderator a Karma point. Would it be considered un-cricket like if I made up another name just so I could pump up my own Karma points? In no time at all, people would be calling me "Bodhisattva". Sorry, off topic - again. Smite me Fatman, for I deserve it.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2009, 04:07:18 PM »

I won't smite you, I support blasphemy remember.

Besides, I can manually edit that number if I need to, and or you start playing funny games.  That said, given this system is pretty weird as it, take an applaud.
non progredi est regredi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5