• April 28, 2024, 12:53:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Cannot save settings on DIR-655  (Read 70226 times)

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
Re: Cannot save settings on DIR-655
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 10:38:20 AM »

There is no rule to follow. 'Sometime' the restore config just fails.

gelni

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »

Purchased this router (A4 1.21EU) 2 days ago.

Worked fine for 24 hours!

Now I cannot save any settings and the wireless status – “init failed”

GREAT!!!!!!!!

Anyone know what the solution is?

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2009, 02:37:03 AM »

Try this:
Reset to default, press reset button on the back of the device 10 secs  and reconfigure manually.

If after several powercycles and resets the wireless device still gives errors ('init failed') the device might be ready for RMA.

gelni

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2009, 03:51:15 AM »

Will try that later!

WHAT A COMPLETE JOKE!!!!!!!!

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2009, 05:15:13 AM »

There is a possibility that your device is broken. Unfortunately those things happen occasionally , with any product you buy...

gelni

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2009, 08:46:13 AM »

But not the amount of people who are experiencing this problem – all you got to do is Google it - there are hundreds of complaints.

All I won’t is what I pay for – not all the hassle of having to send things back to manufacture, resetting the router, etc – and all because of their lack of testing the product.

COMPLETE JOKE!

Oh and by the way – done as suggested – but still out of order!

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2009, 08:57:02 AM »

Send it RMA.

You're presenting rather a weak argument, since:
a. how many people cross post their issue
b. how many of the reported issues are really user errors and resolved issues
c. how many defective devices are 'normal' when Dlink sold 100.000+ of the 655 (IMHO & experience 2% is quite normal = 2000+

So you got a defective one. Understandably you're not happy, but those things do happen. That does not make a product "a complete joke". Lighten up. :D

gelni

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 06:08:10 AM »

A)Cross post their issue or not – there is a serious functionally fault with this router. This has been reported by hundreds of users.

Also – under the FAQ of the dlink website for the 655 – why is there no mention of this fault? Dlink know this is an ongoing problem!!!

B)That ain’t my problem if users cannot configure their router correctly. I can set it up correct and so can the other hundreds of people who have the same problem!!!

C)Statistics – well I can tell you that 2+2= 4! That does not help the users who have invested good money in a router that is a COMPLETE JOKE! 

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2009, 09:46:13 AM »

Glad to see you have an open mind in solving your issue. You're not really looking for a solution apparently.

If you can show all those 'hundreds of complaints' I think Dlink will be very appreciative since they contest the number you seem to be sucking from your thumb.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2009, 11:24:28 AM »

A)Cross post their issue or not – there is a serious functionally fault with this router. This has been reported by hundreds of users.

Also – under the FAQ of the dlink website for the 655 – why is there no mention of this fault? Dlink know this is an ongoing problem!!!

B)That ain’t my problem if users cannot configure their router correctly. I can set it up correct and so can the other hundreds of people who have the same problem!!!

C)Statistics – well I can tell you that 2+2= 4! That does not help the users who have invested good money in a router that is a COMPLETE JOKE! 

There's hardly 100's of users, more like 25-30. Still it is a problem, the issue is determining if the problem is in the users envirnment or the product itself. Since we're unable to reproduce these failures and there are MANY more people that don't have problems, I can't help but believe that the issue is environment related.
F.A.Q's are designed to convey basic/advanced help to the user on common questions about features/functionality, not problem reporting.

Xinot

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 02:38:02 PM »

There's hardly 100's of users, more like 25-30. Still it is a problem, the issue is determining if the problem is in the users envirnment or the product itself. Since we're unable to reproduce these failures and there are MANY more people that don't have problems, I can't help but believe that the issue is environment related.
F.A.Q's are designed to convey basic/advanced help to the user on common questions about features/functionality, not problem reporting.

There's hardly MANY users with no problems, more like 2-3.  ;D
I'm still wondering if D-link can not reproduce this problems and are saying that this problems are environment related, then why don't they start to ask more specific info from users who have this problems. All i can see is just same "we can not reproduce this problems", and if it is like this, then what are we waiting for here? Some fixes? There will be no fixes like this. Maybe D-link should do something else if this way is without destination. Like this it seems to me that they are just waiting some miracle to happen that fixes all this problems...
This is going nowhere like this.  :-*
A3 1.3zzz

gelni

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2009, 01:51:14 AM »

I told you before – all you need to do is Google “655 init failed” or “655 does not save” and you will find a raft of complaints about it.

Typical of Dlink – just because they cannot reproduce this problem – they bounce it back at the end user – treating the user like a monkey and saying it is to do with the environment!!! What a complete crock of rubbish.

Dlink – this is a problem – pull your finger out and solve it – NOW!

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 02:29:15 AM »

I told you before – all you need to do is Google “655 init failed” or “655 does not save” and you will find a raft of complaints about it.
There are about a 7.000 hits on Google on my name (which is pretty rare, by the way). Does that make me a celebrity? You might want to do some thinking yourself before believing the new media without a doubt.

I'm still wondering if D-link can not reproduce this problems and are saying that this problems are environment related, then why don't they start to ask more specific info from users who have this problems. All i can see is just same "we can not reproduce this problems",

The 'nice' thing about environment realated issues is that you need to have the same setups from users including hardware used and OS misconfigurations (which are not very rare with Windows environments). So that's pretty hard to copy, wouldn't you say. And perhaps they did get some of that data...they just didn't ask you  ;)

gelni

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 03:45:53 AM »

No that does not make you a celebrity – you are nothing in comparison. However – the fact still remains – this is a big functionality fault with this router. If you Google the before mentioned – you get the results. Dlink have failed to pull the cat out of the bag.

Your comments show your lack of understanding in this area! init failed” – has nothing to do with end users OS or hardware setup. It is an internal fault with the router!

partach1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 04:07:21 AM »

I must agree with Xinot here.
I have presented several problems quite thoroughly if I may say so and even asked people here to give information on their setup that do not seem to have issues, just to try to get to the bottom of the problems myself..
There seems to be a problem with
- Time, NTP (found it due to not able to load configs...)
- Stability, the router can not stay stable for more than 2 days (Depending on the load of the router and the settings)

Fact is that DLink does not seem to take it serious enough. They don't respond to cries for help other then frequent smart #ss replies from mods / trying to debunk replies by making it sound it is just you who has a problem.

The way to do it is:
(1) Listen/read carefully,
(2) Summarize to requester in DLink words to show you have understood
(3) Have good return questions to get to the bottom of the problem

The listen (1) already seems the problem for DLink.... I feel I am treaded as a nuisance and if I make smart *ss replies back it gives me a negative karma.... Great!! But still I am left with nothing (4 months and my second product later I still have not a router that does what it's supposed to do)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:17:45 AM by partach1 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7