• April 19, 2024, 07:29:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Bridge Mode in Next House.  (Read 2668 times)

ZylvainZr

• Level 1 Member
Bridge Mode in Next House.
« on: April 13, 2011, 03:47:05 PM »

I m setup for my brother's next house. He wants to use to share with my internet access. I do have 2wire modem provider that has wireless capability in my house. So he have DAP-1522 [bridge mode] and adjust in Wireless Setting, to use SSID manual, (Bell9**) WPA. It s successful, and works well.

Problem is cannot use wired to computers, blu-ray, Xbox 360 in same time. it will disconnect frequently because in bridge mode doesn't have DHCP reserved?

My bro bought other one is DIR-655.  DAP-1522 keep in [bridge mode] to link to DIR-655 (Static IP), and setup DHCP Reserved. 

He feel relief that works very well and have no problem with any computers and devices doesn't disconnect anymore.

my question is why DAP-1522 doesn't have DHCP reserved when bridge mode that connected to any providers modem?

devildog93

• Level 1 Member
Re: Bridge Mode in Next House.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 07:19:17 AM »

The way I understand it is that when in bridged mode, the DAP-1522 is basically acting as an extension to the router.  I have never run it in AP mode so I don't know how that works.

At least on my setup, all reserved ip's in my entire network are dictated by my DIR-655 router.  My DAP has no role in assigning ip's.  

Every device is set to obtain it's ip automatically, but the reservation list in my router dictates which ip that is.

My roommate's gear upstairs is all assigned a reserved ip by my router  (he has a PS3 Fat 80GB and a HP laptop wired to the DAP-1522)  (pan right to see his gear....the image came out too big.)

Every device in my network technically has a DHCP assigned ip, but in practice, the ip's are all static because of the reserve list on the router.

Ignore the yellow/orange lines....those have to do with PS3 Media Server.  I made this map as a reference for use over in those forums.  No bearing on DHCP or the DAP-1522.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:26:44 AM by devildog93 »