• April 24, 2024, 01:44:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Xbox360 Only Partially Working  (Read 2942 times)

hankchill

• Level 1 Member
Xbox360 Only Partially Working
« on: February 20, 2009, 01:38:55 AM »

Hi All,

Wondering if anybody else is having this same problem; I have around 1,000 videos on my DNS-323, all separated into different subfolders (around 40 subfolders). If I browse the videos on my DSM-320, I can see them all (but not play them because of some bug I guess), and if I browse them on my DSM-520 I can see all the folders and videos and play any of them... however, if I browse them on my Xbox360, I can only see 4 folders (not even sequential, just random ones), and only two of them contained the appropriate videos, the other two were empty. If I go to the All_Videos folder I get a "No Content Available".

Why can my other devices view the directory structure properly whereas the Xbox360 fails to properly see my folders and videos?

I never had this problem with TVersity...

Thanks,
--Henry

edifonzo

• Level 1 Member
Re: Xbox360 Only Partially Working
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »

I also get no videos in my ALL_VIDEOS folder. I can navigate through the FOLDERS and see all my vids.

Are you choosing root for the UPNP settings? Try to choose a new folder: like MEDIA or USERS, I will try this weekend.

Good Luck

hankchill

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 01:06:06 PM »

I also get no videos in my ALL_VIDEOS folder. I can navigate through the FOLDERS and see all my vids.

Are you choosing root for the UPNP settings? Try to choose a new folder: like MEDIA or USERS, I will try this weekend.

Good Luck

I already had done that first thing; I created a folder called 'Media Center' and that's where all my subfolders and videos go.

I did another refresh on the web GUI and got my folders to show up, and now I can see everything except Movies... I'm wondering if it's because there's 108 videos in that folder. I'll try dividing them up into different categories and see if a smaller number of videos helps at all.

talonted

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 08:26:31 AM »

Check and see if any of your files have '&' in the filename. If any files do, remove the & character and refresh.
See if that works.