• March 29, 2024, 07:14:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Reset my 942L and now no matter what I do, it keeps showing as offline.  (Read 2605 times)

dsal723

• Level 1 Member

I have had my 942L for a couple years. I've left it to record at all times, and yesterday i went into the settings to setup the motion detector configuration. There was a link to download some NCS plugin or whatever so I did that. After I did that, my camera would say offline. I tried to access using my phone, mydlink website, and it shows offline. So i did the reset, by pushing in the "reset" hole and holding for 20 seconds and ran the setup wizard. Every time, after i get to the final step of setting up my wireless connection, the notification would say "cannot reach mydlink website..." then it would prompt me to click close to skip register process. I assumed that even if I click to skip the registration I would still be able to view my camera through my phone or the mydlink website, but it would still show offline. I have tried resetting it and re-running the setup wizard and I keep getting the same result. I deleted the device from mydlink profile and i didnt realize there wasnt going to be a way to re-add my device. Do i have to create a new account to add my device again? And why can't my camera reach the mydlink website?

I am not very network/computer literate so if you can help, maybe dumb it down a little bit =).

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Reset my 942L and now no matter what I do, it keeps showing as offline.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 02:59:48 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.