• April 18, 2024, 10:19:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Lockups after recording  (Read 2972 times)

spann3rs

• Level 1 Member
Lockups after recording
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:23:55 PM »

Good evening all,

I purchased a DCS-2310L camera at the start of the month to monitor the exterior of our property. Setup was a breeze and for the first few days it was faultless in recording motion to a network share drive.

After a few days I noticed the cameras live feed would freeze at the last time motion was detected, when the camera changed from Night to Day mode or just at random.

I have updated to the latest firmware (1.00.03), have 'restored factory defaults' and hard reset the device more times than I care to remember and reconfigured from scratch. I'm frustrated that the camera simply doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what I could or should do? I've thought about taking the motion detect tasks away from the camera and setup in software, does anyone know if this is any more reliable?

If no-one else has experienced these issues I will be pushing for a refund or replacement as the device must be faulty.

thanks in advance for any help.

spann3rs

• Level 1 Member
Re: Lockups after recording
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:43:10 AM »

After contacting Dlink support I was advised to download an updated firmware. I'm now running Firmware 1.01.05 and it appears to have resolved my issues.