• May 19, 2024, 07:35:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Reboot Problem  (Read 6639 times)

BigG

Reboot Problem
« on: December 28, 2007, 06:00:47 AM »

Since a few weeks i'm the owner of a brand new DGL-4300 with the fw 1.7.
A few days ago i noticed that my internet was down and when i tried to connect 2 the router via IE this was not possible.
Also the router did not respond to any ping request.
All the lights on the router seemed to be blinking normal but obviously the router was not working correct.

I powered down the router and all the lights got blinking again but still i could not connect.
I removed all the cabling and again powered down the router and only connected my laptop. After a hard reset of the router i could now connect to the router and re upload the settings i saved before.
The router was working normal again.

Yesterday i rebooted the router again when i disabled upnp and he did not came back up. Again all the lights where blinking and seemed normal but the router was unreachable and my internet was down...
Again disconnected all cabling and repeated the previous routine brought him back alive...

After that i tried to reboot the router several times and all was normal, so it seems this only happens when the router has some uptime.

Anybody has the same behaviour ?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 06:02:31 AM by BigG »

JonClaud

Re: Reboot Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 08:16:57 AM »

You might want to log into the browser, select STATUS see if you are pulling a WAN ip address. If not, then sometimes, it is just a matter of power cycling the modem and router. Ie. remove power to the modem and router and then power up the modem first and let it boot up all the way. Next power up the router, in this sequence. Now see if you are pulling a WAN ip address from the ISP. If you are, then you are ready to go.

BigG

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 01:08:48 AM »

Its not a matter of not getting an ip from the wan. When the router hangs and i dont have internet through the router my modem is still connected. I know this because my xbox360 is also connected to this modem but is not on the network.
The xbox is directly connected to the modem.
When i'm having the trouble with the router i can't log in with the browser to check anithing....

Rad Spencer

• Capt.
  • Level 2 Member
  • Master D's Going Down!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 12:44:11 PM »

Log in to the router, what is your WAN IP? Does it start with 192, 172.16+ or 10
Yeah, over to disposal area. Heroes always look good.