• April 19, 2024, 04:53:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-8330LH cannot connect with Synology Surveillance Station  (Read 6718 times)

angrycustomer

• Level 1 Member
DCS-8330LH cannot connect with Synology Surveillance Station
« on: April 26, 2020, 07:00:53 AM »

Hi all,

I have the DCS-8330LH integrated with my Synology DS218 Surveillance Station. It was working fine previously using the stock firmware - v1.01.x. Recently the camera performed an auto-update to 1.02.06, suddenly the SS stop connecting to it. The camera works fine still when I access it using mydlink app but it just refuse to connect with the SS.

Previously while it was still working - I notice the camera seems to restrict 2 concurrent connection to the camera. Mydlink app as 1, the SS as the 2nd. When i try logging using the web browser on mydlink, it will prompt with an error such as connection exceeded. I think the problem with this firmware is that it now perhaps limit only 1 connection. That is why SS cannot connect to it. Yet there is no way to disable the stupid mydlink app connection without resetting the camera thus losing Wifi connection.

This update is frustrating the hell out of me. I wanted to ask if anyone of you have any idea what could be the issue?

I am hoping to either:

1. Force downgrade the firmware on the camera
2. Or have some hack that can work around the connection limitation.

Best of all would be someone from Dlink's engineering's team that can answer what could be the reason here.

I understand Synology SS has limited support for this camera model, but at least it was able to record properly previously.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-8330LH cannot connect with Synology Surveillance Station
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 12:53:50 PM »

This camera is not sold in the US so I do not have any experience or knowledge. I know other DCS-8xxxLH cameras shipping firmware had RTSP enabled and was allowed to work with NVRs and 3rd party software but since have been locked down to only work with the mydlink app.   ::)

The newer models (not sure if this one is included) are supposed to support ONVIF and/or IFTTT. How were you connecting it to your NAS?

Contact tech support in your country and see if they can open a ticket (dtrack) with the engineers.

progoals

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-8330LH cannot connect with Synology Surveillance Station
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 09:03:15 PM »

For me, the Synology Surveillance works with the DCS-8330LH firmware 1.04.01(3.5.18-b06)
Remember to disable Privacy Mode, to get streaming to work.