• April 16, 2024, 08:00:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Latency on Network Camera of D-Link  (Read 3613 times)

13inc

• Level 1 Member
Latency on Network Camera of D-Link
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:11:44 AM »

Hello,

I want to know informations about the latency of the Network Camera made by D-Link, specially about the product named DCS-910 & DCS-2121. It didn't appear on datasheet.

My company want to make a software using a camera and analyse what the camera see. But the main problem is that the application must work on real time and not with a delay of one second or more.

We will connect the camera to a computer by network probably by Wifi. But this network will be only that. There will be no other camera or computer on this network so they can use all the bandwidth for the two of them. So, do anyone have information about how will be the latency of this configuration ?

I tried to search on internet and this forum if I can find a test of these camera or a comparative with others where they speak about latency but I don't find anything useful. Just some informations as: the different video compression (MPEG, MJPEG, H264) can reduce the bitrate needed for the information to be send to the computer but it will increase the time of encoding so the latency; But not a test with some measure and number that I can use.

If I have to resume my question, it will be:
On a simple network with a computer, a network camera (made by D-Link) and maybe a router, what will be the latency ? And what can influence it ?

Thank to answering my demand

13inc

Note: I am french, so sorry about my bad English.

Note2: And the "Spell Check" didn't recognize the word "D-Link" and "Wifi". It may be a little shame for your company that a spell checker that you use on your forum, recognize the name of your company as an error. So please, correct this bug.