• April 19, 2024, 11:05:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-320L Cloud Service  (Read 20675 times)

gabberkopf

• Level 1 Member
    • gwerdi.ch
DNS-320L Cloud Service
« on: November 08, 2012, 02:44:38 AM »

Hi all

I Just bought a DNS-320L in Switzerland.
Everything seems to work fine but I'm confused about the myDlink Cloud Service. I downloaded the Windows Cloud software and also the iPhone app. But now it asks me for a mydlink Cloud Sync server URL. I landed on several dlink websites but didn't find any information how to register for cloud service to get this URL?

Any hints, how to use this cloud service?

Additional info:
I registered successfully on mydlink.com and in the self service portal. But in the self service portal I cannot add my DNS-320L serial number to register the product. It shows me an error that the serial is not in the list.

dp300969

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320L Cloud Service
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 04:19:52 AM »

Hi I bought mine in Greece and I have the same problem, although I managed to register on mydilink.com site, I find no cloud software preinstalled as its supposed to be on dns320l
and thus do not have a mydlinkcloud.com address the mobile client requests. Did u get this resolved?

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »

In order to use the cloud services a few things need to be met
1. Register to mydlink
2. Bind the NAS to your account

Both can be done via the CD-Rom install wizard. Once the NAS is binded to your mydlink account you will then be able to access the NAS via mydlink.com (upload/download, add folders etc)

From a tablet or phone you would need to install the app caled "mydlink access". There is another one available called "mydlink cloud" that is for the DNS-325 and DNS-345. Mydlink cloud will not work with the DNS-320L.

Hopefully that helps put you in the right direction. My advice is don't even bother with the app until you can successfully see your DNS-320L from mydlink.com

salamandrrr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »

Does anybody know if the "mydlink access" app for DNS-320L will be available for windows phone?
At the moment I could only find the mydlink cloud app, which does not work with this NAS.
Many thanks

José Carlos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »

Hello,

I bought a DNS-320L a month ago, and a Seagate ST3000DM001 (which is a 3 TB raw capacity HDD). I tried to setup the DNS-320L with the setup CD but the process 'timeouts' while formatting the hard drive.

Once I rebooted the NAS, it was ready and apparently worked fine, so I began use it and throw all my files there... and no problem at all until now, but since I was unable to reach the next step on the wizard, I was unable to register my NAS on www.mydlink.com!

The next time I ran the setup CD, the wizard started from the beginning and at the point when it wants to format my hard drive I must cancel it because I don't want to loose all the things I put on the hard disk.

I would like to use the remote NAS access via www.mydlink.com. So, please, how can I register my DNS-320L on www.mydlink.com without reformatting my hard disk again?

Thank you!

titanzdc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 08:59:15 PM »

I have 2 issues.

1) Cloud system

2) Sharecenter Setup wizard

Just recently Bought this hardware and have some real issues going through the setup.

Base on what everyone has been saying, the cloud setup can only be done if the sharecenter setup wizard is completed.

However, the sharecenter set-up wizard configuration keeps timing out.

I hope someone would provide some solution asap as If not, I might just return the device.

jacom7000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 02:19:37 AM »

I have exactly the same problem as Jose Carlos above.

A month or so ago I bought a DNS-320L and installed a couple 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001 drives, registered for mydlink etc. without any problems. It has worked OK ever since.

Being happy with it I decided to buy another. I tried to install a new Seagate ST3000DM001 drive but like Jose Carlos it simple won't finish the formatting and times out. I then tried a couple of old 1.5TB drives and they formatted OK but I couldn't get it to register to mydlink account.

I have spent several hours coping files across to the new DNS-320L checking that it is working OK and all seems well. So how can I link it to my mydlink account without having to go through the installation setup which means formatting the drives again and having to copy the data across again.

3TB Seagate drive has had a thorough check which took many hours and is in perfect condition. I have since put it into a external USB case and it works perfectly.

I also recently installed a couple of DCS-932L IP cams which registered to mydlink account without any problems.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:38:06 AM by JavaLawyer »

jacom7000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 12:13:59 PM »

Excuse mistake on previous post I put 920L and I meant 320L.

Continuing on from my above post I decided to try one more time to setup my 320L. I ran the wizard and went through the setup process including registration to mydlink without any problems. I don't know why it didn't work the first two times I tried. I do still have to copy a TB or so of data across over but at least everything is working.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 11:23:30 AM by jacom7000 »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 04:39:40 AM »

Excuse mistake on previous post I put 920L and I meant 320L.

Your previous post can be edited by pressing the Modify button. I took the liberty of updating the typo on your post.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

jacom7000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 03:15:21 AM »

Your previous post can be edited by pressing the Modify button. I took the liberty of updating the typo on your post.

Thanks.

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 10:48:30 PM »

I'm also having problems getting one of my 2 x 320L's registered on the mydlink site via the sharecenter setup wizard.

I originally added one of my 320l's without any problems, but since then I've purchased a 2nd box and updated the firmware on both to 1.02

Can anyone offer any suggestions where I'm going wrong based on the details below.

My network is as follows...

Cisco ADSL2+ modem (192.168.1.1)

--cable--> (192.168.1.100) ASUS RT-N56U (192.168.2.1)

--cable--> 1 x PC (192.168.2.250)
                      --cable--> 320L #1 (192.168.2.200)
                      --cable--> 320L #2  (192.168.2.205)
                      --Wi-Fi--> 1 x PC (192.168.2.2)
                      --Wi-Fi--> 1 x D-Link Bridge (192.168.2.200)

--cable--> 1 x TV (192.168.2.140)
                                         --cable--> 1 x Raspberry Pi (192.168.2.141)

I've also got an assortment of tablet's and mobiles connected via wi-fi but each has it's own IP using DHCP, so no conflicts.

Normally I run a small webserver via Apache on my PC which is connected to my ASUS router, so I know the port forwarding on port 80 is ok from the modem to the router to the PC.

For the sake of getting 320l #2 registered I've disabled Apache, removed port fwd for port 80 from the ASUS router to my pc and replaced it with port fwd to port 80 of 320L #2

The Cisco router forwards port 80 to 192.168.1.100 which is the ASUS router
The ASUS router forwards port 80 to the 2nd NAS box I'm having problems with

I've tried to run the setup wizard from the mydlink site but when it comes to the area regarding DDNS I get stuck, if I say no i don't want to configure DDNS the app crashes, if I try to proceed with configuring DDNS it can't see my device on port 80.

But If I type in my DDNS hostname into my web browser I can access the login page of the 320L and authenticate without any issues.

Things I've tried so far.

I tried entering my dlinkddns details into the setup wizard but it keeps failing.
I tried entering the ddns details directly into the 320L via Network Management but get error - Updated Failure
I then decided to configure DDNS in the ASUS router, router appears to accept the details, but the setup wizard still fails.
I also tried configuring DDNS in my Cisco ADSL modem, again it's accepted but again this fails when running the setup wizard.

each time the error message in the setup wizard advises the same thing

Code: [Select]
Unfortunately we cannot update the DDNS account status. Please:
1. Check your internet connection to your ShareCenter.
2. Open port 80 in your router.
3. Check the DDNS account settings.

I've then attempted to update the firmware again but no joy, same issues persists.

as I mentioned earlier If I select no during the setup wizard to the question do I have a DDNS account the software asks if I want to apply for a DDNS account now, if I say no the software crashes with error below.

Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '97' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at Wizard.Form1.get_timezone(Int32 len, SByte* buf_p, SByte* rcv_buf)
   at Wizard.Form1.send_get_timezone_pkt()
   at Wizard.Form1.backgroundWorker_get_info_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.7905 (win9rel.050727-7900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Setup Wizard
    Assembly Version: 1.0.4497.29888
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Users/Thomas/Desktop/dlink/Setup%20Wizard.exe
msvcm90
    Assembly Version: 9.0.21022.8
    Win32 Version: 9.00.21022.8
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Users/Thomas/Desktop/dlink/msvcm90.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I've tried various compatibility modes within windows 8.1, windows 8 and also tried from another PC running Windows 7, each time getting the same sequence of errors.

Wondering if it's worth trying to go back to the previous version of the firmware?

or for the sake of getting the 320L registered if I should just connect it directly to the cisco modem, then if successful move it back to the ASUS router

I've got the original 320L #1 up and working with no problems, it's registered with mydlink, I can access the files on it even though there is no DDNS configured for the device and it's currently connected to the ASUS router with no port forwarding etc... but that was setup on the old firmware with a slightly different network configuration.

I'm kinda at a loss but now I see there are so many others reporting difficulties it's sorta good to know I'm not alone.

Update:... I've fixed the issue I was facing.  when you goto mydlink.com and select support - storage - dns320l you can see the firmware available and a note advising you need to use the latest setup wizard.  the problem is the windows setup wizard located on that same page is still the old version.

If you are using 1.02 firmware and having issues with the setup wizard in any way then go here and download the latest setup wizard to complete this process.

http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/download/download.aspx?product=DNS-320L&revision=REV_A&filetype=Firmware

the file I downloaded is named DNS-320L A1 Setup Wizard v1.0.2.3(DI) 02252013.zip (69.25 MB)

appears the dorks at dlink don't know how to update their own website with the correct information... no great surprise really.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:14:12 AM by Ardalista »

sstavross

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 05:12:09 AM »

Hi!

I have also problem with registering in mydlink. I tried to to download the file you say but it appears that it doesn't exist. Can you upload it somewhere so I can download it?
Thank you in advance!

Ardalista

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 10:04:36 AM »

Hi!

I have also problem with registering in mydlink. I tried to to download the file you say but it appears that it doesn't exist. Can you upload it somewhere so I can download it?
Thank you in advance!

Hey I don't have the exact file on me as I'm away from home, I've checked and you are right, so some reason d-link have moved the files I referenced earlier.

but here I found them again :D

http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads2008detail.asp

just populate the two selection boxes at the top of your screen and you'll get the file listing.  setup wiz 1.0.2.3 can be found on those pages

sstavross

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 12:35:02 PM »

Ardalista thank you so much for your answer and link! I downloaded the new DNS-320L A1 Setup Wizard v1.0.2.3 and everything went fine, I managed to register to mydilnk! I think your post has to be sticky!

Again thank you very much for your help!
Best wishes!

Stavros
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:37:20 PM by sstavross »