• March 29, 2024, 02:08:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 406581 times)

JaCe

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2012, 02:49:08 AM »

Can we also please address this bug?

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=48413.0
Proud owner of many mydlink cameras, SmartPlug and router!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2012, 05:03:43 AM »

I know I may be dreaming here to ask for this given its in the more expensive 942L model but would it be possible too get some kind of OSD as well with a time and date stamp on the live feed when viewed on the iOS app? This is a sure way of knowing whether or not there are new images loaded, adds detail to the screenshots, etc. doesn't have to be super fancy but happy with date and time, or if feeling really generous, camera name and or custom message as well.

I'll add this to the mydlink wishlist (where the mobile device apps are addressed...)
myDlink.com Wishlist
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2012, 05:06:30 AM »

Can we also please address this bug?

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=48413.0

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2012, 05:07:45 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Ability to save a user defined default value (ActiveX or Java) for LIVE VIDEO > Camera > FUNCTION
  • General - Add control for user language
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees (in addition to "Flip Image")
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • Bug - Address the ClassNotFoundException error associated with motion detection and Java (without the need for end users to employ a workaround fix)
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]

JaCe

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2012, 08:12:21 AM »

I'll add this to the mydlink wishlist (where the mobile device apps are addressed...)
myDlink.com Wishlist

Thanks. I presumed it's a firmware feature of the camera though rather than the application based on how it's implemented in the 942L though. Either way not too fussed as long as there is some way to tell its working. Thanks again.
Proud owner of many mydlink cameras, SmartPlug and router!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2012, 04:34:47 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Ability to save a user defined default value (ActiveX or Java) for LIVE VIDEO > Camera > FUNCTION
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees (in addition to "Flip Image")
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • Bug - Address the ClassNotFoundException error associated with motion detection and Java (without the need for end users to employ a workaround fix)
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2012, 08:33:42 PM »

Just thought I'd poke my head in here to see if there were any release notes accompanying the 1.06 firmware release that I pushed out to all 6 of my cameras moments ago.

Nope!   >:(

I also see that the wishlist continues to grow and that motion detection on a schedule still eludes us after 1.5 years!  ???

(sigh) Quite frustrating. All in all though, all 6 cameras are still running strong.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 05:53:21 AM »

Just thought I'd poke my head in here to see if there were any release notes accompanying the 1.06 firmware release that I pushed out to all 6 of my cameras moments ago.

Nope!   >:(

I also see that the wishlist continues to grow and that motion detection on a schedule still eludes us after 1.5 years!  ???

(sigh) Quite frustrating. All in all though, all 6 cameras are still running strong.

We're all still waiting for the elusive change log for this latest release. . .  :-\

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2012, 10:05:18 AM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

AFHeaton

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2012, 07:21:15 AM »

Motion detection - as well as reducing the frequency of e-mails, could you also please make the setting apply to FTP posts? Reducing the sensitivity means that some events are missed, but when a trigger occurs there are still a flood of images to look through, up to seven per second, whereas one every second or two would be plenty.

Thanks,
Tony Heaton.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2012, 08:45:08 AM »

Motion detection - as well as reducing the frequency of e-mails, could you also please make the setting apply to FTP posts? Reducing the sensitivity means that some events are missed, but when a trigger occurs there are still a flood of images to look through, up to seven per second, whereas one every second or two would be plenty.

Thanks,
Tony Heaton.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2012, 08:46:45 AM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

• Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails and FTP posts (independent of FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection FTP posts and emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)

the86d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2012, 08:33:46 AM »

1) Fix the Time-zone issue.  Every time you change the timezone the device gets confused.

2) The other issue is that I wish these supported secure logins, AFAIK they are plain text, not over SSL.
This should be a quick fix to allow this over SSL, port 443...

3) Add a feature that would allow motion detect only during certain hours, like so many other vendors do (like even FosCam).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2012, 08:43:09 AM »

1) Fix the Time-zone issue.  Every time you change the timezone the device gets confused.

2) The other issue is that I wish these supported secure logins, AFAIK they are plain text, not over SSL.
This should be a quick fix to allow this over SSL, port 443...

3) Add a feature that would allow motion detect only during certain hours, like so many other vendors do (like even FosCam).

Items two and three are already listed.  Can you elaborate on the timezone issue? Are other users reporting a similar issue?

JoGi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2012, 02:31:10 AM »

I would like the feature that gives some information on in what area movement is detected in the email or in the acctual image.
I guess the hardware in the camera is not powerfull to manipulate the image, but writing a text string in the email in what block detection is over the threshold should work.

~JoGi
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11