• March 28, 2024, 06:06:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 406504 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 08:40:31 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Add control for user language
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 03:34:01 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:36:59 PM by JavaLawyer »

wind0ze

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 07:35:10 PM »

In addition to existing "flip image" which is rotating 180 degrees, please add 90 and 270 degrees as well.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 05:47:42 AM »

In addition to existing "flip image" which is rotating 180 degrees, please add 90 and 270 degrees as well.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2012, 05:49:14 AM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

• FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees (in addition to "Flip Image")

wind0ze

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 06:28:47 AM »

@JavaLawyer great, thanks!
I sure helps to get those extra angles when I'm in a hurry to shove the webcam into a dove's nest and connect the power and ethernet, without spooking them so much that they abandon the eggs. ;D

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2012, 06:31:10 AM »

@JavaLawyer great, thanks!
I sure helps to get those extra angles when I'm in a hurry to shove the webcam into a dove's nest and connect the power and ethernet, without spooking them so much that they abandon the eggs. ;D

No problem. I never thought anyone would be using the DCS-930L for bird watching.  ;)

three_jeeps

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 07:38:50 PM »

It would be useful to have the Function selection (ActiveX or Java) radio button settings saved/default specified.  Would eliminate having to keep selecting one or the other after user authenticates.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 12:07:28 PM »

It would be useful to have the Function selection (ActiveX or Java) radio button settings saved/default specified.  Would eliminate having to keep selecting one or the other after user authenticates.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Ability to save a user defined default value (ActiveX or Java) for LIVE VIDEO > Camera > FUNCTION
  • Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees (in addition to "Flip Image")

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2012, 06:26:39 AM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Ability to save a user defined default value (ActiveX or Java) for LIVE VIDEO > Camera > FUNCTION

JaCe

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2012, 06:55:00 AM »

I got hit with the same issue but in all fairness, the fieldbox for setting the password is only 8 characters long and your web browser won't let you type any further- if you press keys on your keyboard it just doesn't go anywhere! There's a message above which says passwords must be 6-8 characters if I recall correctly. That being said, I don't understand why the 930L only supports 8 letters yet the 942L supports more!
    Proud owner of many mydlink cameras, SmartPlug and router!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
    • Level 15 Member
      • FoundFootageCritic
    « Reply #57 on: August 17, 2012, 07:05:18 AM »

I got hit with the same issue but in all fairness, the fieldbox for setting the password is only 8 characters long and your web browser won't let you type any further- if you press keys on your keyboard it just doesn't go anywhere! There's a message above which says passwords must be 6-8 characters if I recall correctly. That being said, I don't understand why the 930L only supports 8 letters yet the 942L supports more!
    The DCS-932L has the same limitation. Even though the warning text is present, there's no overt message if you try to type further. There were many users who couldn't log into their DCS-93X because they thought there 9+ length password was accepted, when in fact, just the first 8 characters were saved.[/list]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
    • Level 15 Member
      • FoundFootageCritic
    « Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 07:05:39 AM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

JaCe

• Level 2 Member
    « Reply #59 on: August 17, 2012, 08:05:53 AM »

I know I may be dreaming here to ask for this given its in the more expensive 942L model but would it be possible too get some kind of OSD as well with a time and date stamp on the live feed when viewed on the iOS app? This is a sure way of knowing whether or not there are new images loaded, adds detail to the screenshots, etc. doesn't have to be super fancy but happy with date and time, or if feeling really generous, camera name and or custom message as well.
    Proud owner of many mydlink cameras, SmartPlug and router!
    Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11