• April 24, 2024, 12:40:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2132L B - Video recording length extremely short, why?  (Read 4989 times)

thedudeabides

• Level 1 Member

I have a DCS-2132L B, and I've set the video recording length to 60 seconds.  However, the camera refuses to record a single video more than 3-5 seconds.  I'm left with a series of fragmented videos that are extremely short.  Why is it that this camera will not record any sort of extended length video?  Is this a motion sensitivity issue?  I've tried playing with the settings, and I can't get the camera to record anything more than 5 seconds, even with constant motion.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS-2132L B - Video recording length extremely short, why?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 06:12:52 AM »

Where are you recording to?

qtrim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 05:30:13 PM »

I also find the short clips length very irritating. In fact, I'll probably return my camera because of this.

thedudeabides

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 03:33:10 PM »

Where are you recording to?

I'm recording to the SDcard, on the FRICKEN CAMERA.  Yet, no matter WHAT I do, the camera absolutely will not record any longer than 3-4 seconds clips.

thedudeabides

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 03:38:19 PM »

This product is an ABSOLUTE JOKE.  Zero response from anyone from the company, which makes both the product, and the company, an absolute joke.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 04:43:00 AM »

Thanks for posting your camera settings and configuration. It really helps us to help you.

thedudeabides

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 09:48:47 AM »

How about you tell me what settings I should be looking at, and posting?  There are too many to show.  The issue is pretty clear.  The camera is not recording video any longer than 3-4 seconds

Sensitivity is set to 75%.  Any higher on the sensitivity, and the camera just starts sensing motion and recording constantly.  Motion area is set to 100%.  Recording length is set to 100 second (max).  I have also had it set to 60 seconds.   

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 05:39:39 AM »

How about you tell me what settings I should be looking at, and posting?  There are too many to show.  The issue is pretty clear.  The camera is not recording video any longer than 3-4 seconds

Sensitivity is set to 75%.  Any higher on the sensitivity, and the camera just starts sensing motion and recording constantly.  Motion area is set to 100%.  Recording length is set to 100 second (max).  I have also had it set to 60 seconds.   

How big are the files generated?

And because you won't post settings i have to ask more about your settings which are probably incorrect.

Which profile are you using?

How big are the files if you put it on profile 2 with 1 frame per second and how long are they then?

Are you using h264 or mjpeg? Constant or variable?