D-Link Wireless Routers for Home and Small Business > Archive

OpenWRT on DIR-825 Rev. B1

<< < (12/13) > >>

Athan:

--- Quote from: JoeSchmuck on June 11, 2010, 03:54:34 PM ---So what's the current status on how OpenWRT is performing on the DIR-825 Rev B?  I have tried DD-WRT but honestly the wireless power leaves a lot to be desired.  The stock firmware is much better in that respect.

--- End quote ---

OpenWrt works pretty nicely with this router, far better actually than the extremely buggy DD-WRT. Thanks to the Ath9k driver (much better than the cr*ppy madwifi used by DD-WRT) I'm getting the best signal strength than any other firmware, including stock v2.02. I did however experience many bugs such as the non-working wlan leds (minor), and the infamous "Deauthenticated due to local deauth request" issue.

The problem with OpenWrt and DIR-825 is that very few people are actively working fixing bugs for this specific combination and AR71xx in general. Same as any opensource project, code maintainers are merging untested patches that fix a specific router but break others. That's why I always revert to stock firmware after a while.

JoeSchmuck:
Yea, I really like DD-WRT on my WRT54G routers.  It works great, but then again that was a main target of DD-WRT.  I haven't tried OpenWRT on my DIR-825 but maybe in a few months after seeing a few more software releases pop out.  I'm looking to replace one of my WRT54G routers with this D-Link router so I can experiment on the 5GHz band.

stone99:
Hi
I have dd-wrt fm on my dir-825
I cannot get rid of the dd-wrt fm. after 30-30-30 and flashing original fm (DIR825B1_FW202EUB04.bin)
I always get error ""Upgrade failed"

any help please

JoeSchmuck:

--- Quote from: stone99 on July 04, 2010, 12:58:49 PM ---Hi
I have dd-wrt fm on my dir-825
I cannot get rid of the dd-wrt fm. after 30-30-30 and flashing original fm (DIR825B1_FW202EUB04.bin)
I always get error ""Upgrade failed"

any help please

--- End quote ---
Hey, how's it going?  I hope the instructions on the DD-WRT are helping.

Cheers

stone99:
Hi JoeSchmuck

thx for your help  :)

now back on earth

cheers
stone99

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version