• March 18, 2024, 08:00:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS930L camera - ticking nose  (Read 5693 times)

v1das

• Level 1 Member
DCS930L camera - ticking nose
« on: January 19, 2011, 04:47:47 PM »

I already returned 1 camera for this reason and my second camera behaves exactly the same.
When I listen to the live audio, very often I hear ticking noise that sounds like ticking/small poping. It sounds like bad radio connection. I experience the same on wired or wireless connection.
When I returned my first camera to the store, it was checked and in the store there was no noise at all. So there is something in my house that is interfering. I moved camera to different room, different floor, but noise is still there.

Q: What could I test/check to see why camera is making this annoying noise?

Thanks in advance.

duff007

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS930L camera - ticking nose
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »

hi.
i get the same thing when accessing over the web. hiss hiss hiss hiss, tick, repeat.

however, when on my laptop in another room on the local network and viewing live, the sound works fine. there is echoing going on, but thats understandable.

not a big deal, but i'd like to know why that is as well.

trscons

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 08:05:57 PM »

I posted a reply to a thread "Sound distortion on DCS-1130 when using wireless" initiated by Tarv. Take a look. There are several ideas there to explore what may be going on in the house/abode. I'm also beginning to wonder if there might be a minor design issue with a high-gain microphone amplifier circuit that is insufficiently filtered or shielded.

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 06:15:04 PM »

We get that too, seems like about 1/second.