• April 18, 2024, 09:42:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 w/ TwonkyServer 6.0.23 - How reset "Days Left"?  (Read 4057 times)

amunoz_tico

• Level 2 Member
DNS-323 w/ TwonkyServer 6.0.23 - How reset "Days Left"?
« on: September 25, 2010, 07:43:32 AM »

Dear friends,

I have been testing the TwonkyServer 6.0.1 for a few days, about 15 days.  Some problems  >:( with subtitles (.SRT) on my Samsumg TV (UN46C7000), but it is working nice.

On Thursday, I updated to the recently version, 6.0.23, but now it has changed the "Days Left" to only 3 DAYS!

???-- How can I reset that time? I'd appreciate your help!   ???

Best Regards!

47th_ronin

• Level 2 Member
Re: DNS-323 w/ TwonkyServer 6.0.23 - How reset "Days Left"?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 06:01:24 AM »

1. twonky does not actually count time you used it for testing, it just looks at the installation date and compares it to current. then it does a little magic (some math) and makes an almost permanent mark somewhere in files.
2. when demo expires, it is still possible to access/play media over web browser (tried it with ps3 and buffalo linkstation).
3. with buffalo you can reset twonky by upgrading firmware, maybe this works with dns-323 too.
4. i managed to install non-expiring twonky on my dns-323. i think i made a mistake somewhere along the procedure (being not-too-familiar with linux) and twonky writes some of it's files to locations which get erased during restart/bootup. don't ask me how i did it, it just happened.

oh, one more thing: when i use twonky for anything else but the movies (i.e. music playback or watching photos), with ps3 or wd tv live, i get those pink drive lights, rootfs gets filled up and e-mail warnings (left hard drive has failed, right hard drive has failed) start pouring in. everything still seems to work though.

i like twonky quite a lot, but i'm not buying it until the problems with ps3 can be either solved or worked around without much hassle.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:07:40 AM by 47th_ronin »

sarge_in

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-323 w/ TwonkyServer 6.0.23 - How reset "Days Left"?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 02:16:49 PM »

Restarting the DNS resets the Twonky timer.