• April 26, 2024, 05:52:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Playing TS files  (Read 5182 times)

Bushwacr

Playing TS files
« on: October 15, 2008, 09:09:18 AM »

I'm trying to play some TV recordings that are in TS files.  The avg bitrate is 18 Mbps.

The DSM520 is hooked via Powerline setup and is averaging approx 48 to 52 Mbps throughput.  Firmware is 1.06.

The firmware list says the DSM can support up to 25 Mbps for Mpeg2.  The little blue light on the front of the DSM520 indicates it's getting a constant stream.

The vid quality is excellent as is the audio except that it stutters every 15 seconds or so.  I have tried serving it with the Dlink and the Tversity server and it happens with both.  Any clues as to how to make this work?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Playing TS files
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 09:20:28 AM »

First you may want to try a wired connection to see if you have better results for testing purposes, However I know TS files require alot of power compared to other video formats and especially higher quality files to playback so the DSM-520 just may not hack it. You may want to try recoding them to a supported file format.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

fccgrant

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 10:44:28 AM »

Which version of the D-Link server are you using?

I've been able to play .ts files with no problem with a direct ethernet connection. 

Bushwacr

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 05:45:14 AM »

Using 1.09 Dlink Server.