• April 23, 2024, 04:56:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 5GHZ wireless signal strength: 20-25% ??  (Read 3930 times)

Zeebra

• Level 1 Member
5GHZ wireless signal strength: 20-25% ??
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:22:34 AM »

I have the DIR-825 and am broadcasting a 5GHZ network which I connect a Dlink DAP-1522 to.  It connects fine, but when I check the wireless status it tells me the rate is 140M and the signal % is 20%.  I'm just concerned that the rate might cause lag when i'm streaming HD content to my xbox (hooked up to the DAP-1522)

The router is upstairs and my DAP is on the main level of my house, going through a floor and drywall.  The rooms are not very far apart at all.  Is there anything I can do to improve the signal strength from the router?  Are there replacement high-gain antennas I can use for both 2.4 and 5GHZ bands? 

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
Re: 5GHZ wireless signal strength: 20-25% ??
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:58:06 PM »

I'm seeing the same thing with both frequencies, even in the same room as the router. There is something fishy about it. The connection rate never seems to change, and the connection quality doesn't seem to change for me, stays around the same percentage as you are mentioning. Seems like it isn't functioning properly. When I use Xirrus Wifi inspector, it shows the connection at 78 percent with the laptop being about 30 feet away in a seperate room than the router.

titan3025

• Level 2 Member
Re: 5GHZ wireless signal strength: 20-25% ??
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 02:44:52 AM »

I can confirm. Only if I am in close proximity, my notebook shows full strength. Pretty bad :(