• March 19, 2024, 03:46:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Youtube movies  (Read 4787 times)

andreasy

• Level 1 Member
Youtube movies
« on: September 01, 2009, 01:36:42 PM »

I installed active-tv on my PC and open the defined ports+allowed access to applications as adviced. If I try to open any movie from youtube, it says that it is unable to open this type of media - please try again later. The same happens both on the device and on PC. Also, most channels will not open. It just shows the wait animated circle forever.

To add more info to this, none of the online channels works. They all give unable to play this file message. Only files stored on PC can be played. All the rest (Online tv, online channels, etc.) are totally useless.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:19:48 AM by andreasy »

alexkoch

• Level 1 Member
Re: Youtube movies
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:44:29 PM »

Download the beta version of YouTube Active-TV channel (all installation instructions included in the zip file):
http://www.active-tv.org/TVweb/youtube_beta_20.zip
Works great!

fccgrant

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 10:26:37 AM »

Yeah...Youtube broke on Active TV a year or so ago (among others).

Mediamall has pretty much abandoned Active TV  and replaced it with Playon. 

alexkoch

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 11:14:34 AM »

Active-TV is great.. You can read about the Active-TV technology at http://active-tv.blogspot.com. I followed the instructions and was able to create about 80 TV channels (Japan, UK, Nederland, France, Russia etc.) and also watch YouTube..