• March 28, 2024, 09:11:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Reset DNS-321 to default settings. Don't want to redo RAID and format.  (Read 4347 times)

SemisolidSnake

• Level 1 Member

My DNS-321 was acting weird and slow and unpredictable after a power outage over the weekend.  I've never seen it do that before, and it is on a very good surge protector, which protected everything else attached to it.  I think the drives are okay, but the interface was slow and people were having trouble accessing their folders.  They were either slow or just didn't open.  So I Restored to Factory Default Settings from the Tools menu in hopes of maybe solving this.  I did make a config file backup before I restored.

After the restore was complete and I managed to find the NAS on the network again and actually connect to it, it asked to set up the hard-drives again, which would require formatting them.  I had a RAID1 setup before I restored to default settings.  I CANNOT format these drives right now.  They have too much important info on them.  I told it to skip the hard drive configuration, but it keeps asking me whenever I log back in.

So, is there any way to just reestablish the RAID1 configuration without formatting?  It's been working perfectly for years, so I'm feel confident that both drives are perfectly synced.

Or is this a scenario where I need to pull out the drive from the NAS, put it in an enclosure, back the entire thing up twice to external drives, reinsert it into the NAS, format the drives to reestablish the RAID1 setup, and then copy everything back to the drives from my backups?  Clearly, this is days of work.  It seems like there should be an easier way.

Please let me know.  My coworkers are getting very antsy.  Thank you.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Reset DNS-321 to default settings. Don't want to redo RAID and format.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 03:48:07 PM »

Stadard HDD formatting is recommended mostly for every day use. RAID can be a pain to manage and configure and not loose data.

Any chance you can get the data off and to a standard storage area?

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=41306.0

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.