• April 16, 2024, 04:33:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Great problems with performance, to many sessions  (Read 1932 times)

stew

• Level 1 Member
Great problems with performance, to many sessions
« on: August 14, 2010, 12:05:30 AM »

Hi,

I just bought this dir-655 wireless router to my home network. I have patched it with the latest beta (WW), and am running it with a huwaei 220 3g modem. Works perfectly after the new firmware! Nice! Until the amount of sessions on the router builds up. This normaly happens when i am trying to download something via filesharining protocols, like bitorrent.
I have limitied the amount of sessions the application on the client side should use to 50, but even this generate great stress for the router, the router interface gets slow, i cant download anything, the file i am downloading over the bittorent network (normally a wow-patch, or linux dist and so on...) never reaches a speed greater then 10-11kb/s (compared to when i download something without having anything running on the bittorent tracker 600kb/s).

This is of great concern to me, since this was the reason i bought the router in the first place: To have the possibilty to cancel my adsl-subscribition to telia (internet provider) in sweden.

The problem starts directly when the bittorent starts downloading, the amount of internetsession on the dir-655 reaches about 400-500 at that time, and the performance gets very very slow.

All clients on my networks get problems when the amount of sessions builds up. None of the client computers can download anything with a greater speed then 10-11kb/s.

Best Regards,

Stefan

stew

• Level 1 Member
Re: Great problems with performance, to many sessions
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 01:19:54 AM »

I think i solved it.

Disabled dns relay + mapped ports to computer running bittorent application.

Cheers!

Stefan