• March 28, 2024, 01:02:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNR 326 crashes IE 11 after Firmware Upgrade  (Read 10712 times)

egb

• Level 1 Member
DNR 326 crashes IE 11 after Firmware Upgrade
« on: February 21, 2015, 05:13:31 AM »

Hi, I would welcome some advice.
I upgraded our DNR326 Firmware to 2.10b02 after which I could not log on as Internet Explorer vers 11 kept crashing.
I upgraded once more to Firmware 2.10b03 (assuming two upgrades released in rapid succession was to resolve an issue)
However, I still could not log in and IE vers 11  kept on crashing.
DLink support logged in, checked some security settings but IE continued crashing.
They came to the conclusion that it was my Browser and advised uninstalling IE11 and reinstalling completely afresh.
Sadly this did not resolve the issue.
However, after quite some time spent on this error, I have discovered that :
  • Our computers running Windows 7 Prof 32 bit, IE will crash when trying to log into the DNR326.
  • Our computers running Windows 7 Prof 64 bit, IE successfully connects to the DNR326 interface.
  • When trying to connect a computer running Windows 7 Prof 32 bit to the DNR326 for the first time, IE successfully connects to the DNR326 interface temporarily, then as DLinkNVS326.cab begins to download, IE crashes.
I would appreciate any advice or suggestions to resolve.
Is this a bug in FW 2.10 ?
Is it a security setting that is blocking DLink NVS326.cab ?

Our DNR326 is being used in a clinic where staff need to be able to monitor people coming and going throughout the premises as we have had attempted thefts of drugs in the past.
Many Thanks,
egb

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNR 326 crashes IE 11 after Firmware Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 08:49:01 AM »

The quickest suggestion I can offer is to roll back to the previous FW version that was stable on your DNR-326.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC