• March 28, 2024, 03:25:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New Java Security error?  (Read 6597 times)

Darkbob

• Level 1 Member
New Java Security error?
« on: October 30, 2013, 01:59:46 PM »

I just started getting a Java Security error - and this is an error from the Java console not from the browser - it happens with IE and Chrome.  I'm using Java version 7 update 45 today.  

Have any of you seen this:

Click Allow once or twice and you are in just fine but it's annoying.  There doesn't seem to be any way to disable the error.  I went into the Java console and turned off everything I could find but no luck.

When you click the the "Mor Information" you get:

Which, if you can't read the fine print, basically points to an error in the app or web site.  The web site is calling on the code in the app but the app isn't specifically allowing the web site access to it's code (?!?) or something?

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:01:23 PM by Darkbob »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: New Java Security error?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 05:57:50 PM »

Go into Control Panel and open up the Java , and turn down some security settings.  You should find something that will work.

Maybe medium perhaps.

Darkbob

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 03:50:02 PM »

Go into Control Panel and open up the Java , and turn down some security settings.  You should find something that will work.

Maybe medium perhaps.

Did that.  Dialed everything to minimum.  Unchecked everything.  No luck.  Tried 3 different browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox) and tried two different computers (Windows 7 and Windows 8.1).

The warnings persist.  It's because the Dlink web site is calling the Java code improperly from what I can see.

Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 03:56:09 PM by Darkbob »

besj

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »

Another one with identical problems...
I have not found any solution to avoid 3-5 popup warnings when changing cameras. Seems to be a Java problem.
Earlier (last week) I did get warnings that the site would not work in a future Java update...

gerritv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 09:50:28 PM »

I can't use IE11 (Windows 8) because it is not supported on mydlink! Which forces me to use the java mess.

My solution:
Using Chrome, I installed ActiveX for Chrome from the Chrome store. I added the mydlink url (https://ca.mydlink.com/device*) to the options for the Active X control, set it to MSIE9.
Go to the https://ca.mydlink.com/device, login and it should show that it wants to install an ActiveX control. Go to bottom of screen and click on Download Installer. Find the downloaded file and right click, then Run As Administrator. Go back to the https://ca.mydlink.com/device page, refresh and you should be good to go using ActiveX and bypass the mess that DLink can't/won't fix.
I hate Java!!!!!!

Gerrit

gerritv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 09:31:46 AM »

Sometime in the past week there were some updates done at MyDlink. Java warnings are gone!!!!

Yippee. Now it is an excellent solution to remote security again

THANK YOU!!!