The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-820L

set date time

<< < (3/3)

wblhxwala:
I think I lived. 2 Questions though: 

1) by default the Firewall Enable SPI and anti-spoof are disabled.  I presume I should enable these or there is no firewall at all?
2) bridged mode - the intent is to avoid the double NAT, but the UVerse modem/router still provides dhcp services to anything else connected to it.. providing I avoid the IP conflicts..?
Note - I think the Daylight Savings time works properly with the NTP  server, but backwards with "copy from my computer"

Thank you for the assist!

FurryNutz:

I think I lived. 2 Questions though: 

1) by default the Firewall Enable SPI and anti-spoof are disabled.  I presume I should enable these or there is no firewall at all? If you using the 820L as a wired LAN to LAN AP then keep firewall enabled on the ISP modem.
2) bridged mode - the intent is to avoid the double NAT, but the UVerse modem/router still provides dhcp services to anything else connected to it.. providing I avoid the IP conflicts..? The use of the 820L as a wired LAN to LAN AP would avoid the double NAT condition while leave the ISP modem as the main host router and DHCP service handler.
Note - I think the Daylight Savings time works properly with the NTP  server, but backwards with "copy from my computer" YES, that will work while using the 820L in LAN to LAN AP mode.

Thank you for the assist!

wblhxwala:
I guess I blew those questions... a failure to communicate on my part.

I've reconfigured (I need the device time to work) as a bridged router under my UVerse box.  The dlink is now connected via it's WAN port, and the dlink dhcp service is re-enabled.  The uverse is 192.168.1.254, dlink is enabling 192.168.0.100 - 200

So anyways, the dlink is in the DMZ, and I've told the UVerse to expect "router behind router", and I gave dlink a public IP Address....  so, I believe I depend on the dlink to provide firewall for anything connected to it - is there a firewall or is it just those two settings - SPI and anti-spoof?

obviously, I don't quite understand it all, and opinions vary on the bridge mode of the router under Uverse.

FurryNutz:

I guess I blew those questions... a failure to communicate on my part.

I've reconfigured (I need the device time to work) as a bridged router under my UVerse box.  The dlink is now connected via it's WAN port, and the dlink dhcp service is re-enabled.  The uverse is 192.168.1.254, dlink is enabling 192.168.0.100 - 200 This will work fine.

So anyways, the dlink is in the DMZ, and I've told the UVerse to expect "router behind router", and I gave dlink a public IP Address....  so, I believe I depend on the dlink to provide firewall for anything connected to it - is there a firewall or is it just those two settings - SPI and anti-spoof? SPI is the fireall on the 820L so yes you can enable this here.

obviously, I don't quite understand it all, and opinions vary on the bridge mode of the router under Uverse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version