• April 26, 2024, 02:50:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problems with DIR-855 + DSL-320B... Bridge not working either  (Read 4939 times)

SoMBrA

• Level 1 Member

Hello everyone!

I just purchased this "combo" but im having lots of problems to make them work together.

After playing a while with both, i decided to reset them to default values and make clean start. First of all i connected to the modem via default IP and switched to Bridge Mode, just made a couple of changes there (VPI, VCI if im not wrong).

After that i switched to the Router and first of all changed its IP so it on the modem "range" (by default modem is at 192.168.0.1 and router at 192.168.1.1) so:

Modem = 192.168.0.1
Router = 192.168.0.2

Changed router settings to Static IP and filled in the values:

IP = My static IP
Subnet = 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway = My static IP again
DNS1
DNS2..

DHCP SERVER is ON at MODEM and ROUTER (just changed the range so they are at 192.168.0.x range)

I upgraded the firm on both. but still no luck.
The modem alone works great with the ISP settings...

nrms

• Level 2 Member
Re: Problems with DIR-855 + DSL-320B... Bridge not working either
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:01:27 AM »

What version of F/W are you running on the DIR-855?  I had all sorts of problems getting this combo to work together, following the instructions described in the manual (use with a DSL modem); then I upgraded to F/W 1.12EU (dated 12/08) and suddenly the procedure for setting them up in the manual just started working.   The DSL-320B was no problem connecting to my ISP (using the auto config mode for Zen Internet); but connecting the WAN port of the DIR-855 to the LAN port of the DSL-320B just wouldn't work until I got the F/W upgrade.  (symptoms were the DIR-855 wouldn't obtain a working connection to the internet  from the DSL-320B).

Hope this helps
NigelS

SoMBrA

• Level 1 Member
Re: Problems with DIR-855 + DSL-320B... Bridge not working either
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 05:54:14 PM »

Thanks for your answer!

I already had that FW from "default". Anyway finally the thing is working, i had to clone the exact values on both the modem and router and then it suddenly worked.

JFYI, today i had to arrange all the cables and when turned on bot modem and router they stopped working, i had to open the config (modem and later router) and save then and then it worked again.

Strange behaviour as you can see... hope i dont need to re-upgrade?