• March 29, 2024, 02:59:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Just moved, can't install  (Read 5369 times)

clfranklin

• Level 1 Member
Just moved, can't install
« on: July 05, 2009, 11:08:35 AM »

I just moved and have a Comcast cable modem.  The wireless router worked just fine in my old place (same Comcast cable modem).  Now I'm trying to reinstall it here and I get a "Internet connection could not be verified" error (error 103).

My internet connection is just fine as long as I don't plug in the wireless router.  I don't understand why the install program can't "verify" it.  I've turned off all of my antivirus/firewall software as well.

Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks.

DumAss

• Level 1 Member
Re: Just moved, can't install
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 02:21:34 AM »

I am new at this too. Did you try resetting the router to defaults and set it up like a new one? As I said I am new to this so please just take it as a suggestion.

Renelson De Jesus

• Level 1 Member
Re: Just moved, can't install
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:07:41 PM »

Since you are using a Comcast connection which is a cable, the router requires a registered MAC address to work.

try to verify first with your service provider what is the MAC Address the is registered under your account. Then once acquired, access the router GUI (192.168.0.1) then go to basic setup. Set the Internet Connection to Dynamic. You'll see a clone MAC Address button (in older D-Link routers) but I am sure there is a field there that you can fill the MAC Address. Fill it up with the registered MAC Address so that the router can present a valid MAC Address to the ISP once authentication commence. Once setup, go to Status page of the router and check for WAN IP Address.

But before you go to the status page of the router, ensure that you save the settings on the router properly together with the proper connection such as the modem to the WAN port of the router