• April 25, 2024, 07:41:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 1.08b09 Beta released by D-Link UK  (Read 12765 times)

skochele

• Level 1 Member
Re: 1.08b09 Beta released by D-Link UK
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »

Thanks gunrunnerjohn!
I am quite new to DNS 323 and i am sure you would prefer to answer more challenging questions...
But 1.0.7 does not support streaming of *MKV and i have continuously spinning fan...
If i would install 1.0.8 from the UK ftp server, would that release be compatible with the device purchased in Canada?
Thanks again
skochele

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »

Why not use the 1.08b8 that has a link here in the official D-Link forums?  Look in the beta sub-forum for the link.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

LH2312

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 02:45:24 AM »

I'd wait for at least the "official" beta release, nothing there looks like it's a mandatory update. :)

Just to be curious: 1.08b9 was released on the "official" D-Link GB site - what makes this less official than a release located on the "official" D-Link US site??  ???
Following this logic we should all wait until there is an official release on the Taiwan server - this is their global headquarters...
Happy new year!

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 04:36:53 AM »

Just to be curious: 1.08b9 was released on the "official" D-Link GB site - what makes this less official than a release located on the "official" D-Link US site??  ???
Following this logic we should all wait until there is an official release on the Taiwan server - this is their global headquarters...
Happy new year!

It depends on whom you contact for support - if you use firmware not available on the US site, then don't expect US support to assist you.

This can become a problem if you reside in one country and wish to use firmware not supported in that country - sure you can call or email the support group for the country whose firmware you are using, but expect to pay for the call, and expect to be denied support if or when they figure out that you are not a resident in their area.

Of course - these issues only matter if your unit is under warranty.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.
Pages: 1 [2]