• March 28, 2024, 07:17:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Verification mail  (Read 20004 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Verification mail
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 04:57:58 AM »

Sweden! I get a automatic mail from notification@mydlink.com when I create a supportcase.
No answers from support yet...

Are you 100% sure about the spelling of your email address in the mydlink registration? Short of a typographical error or regional mydlink outage I can't fathom why you aren't receiving anything.

Did you call the toll free technical support number? I wouldn't necessarily rely on an email-only response.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

peppe_e

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 09:47:47 AM »

I got it to work by a hard reset and reinstallation of camera and new registration to mydlink.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 09:49:49 AM »

Congratulations. I'm glad everything finally worked out.  ;)

steve1214

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 07:00:25 AM »

Unfortunately for me, I have run into the same issue.  I have registered my camera with 2 separate email addresses (comcast & gmail) and no verification email.  I contacted dlink support and their only advice or help was to recommend to return the camera.  Funny part is that I received the email from notification@dlink.com when i put in an online support request and another email to register for this forum just fine.  Apparently their email verification system is broken and no one knows how to fix it.  Guess I will have to return the camera.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 10:24:42 AM »

Unfortunately for me, I have run into the same issue.  I have registered my camera with 2 separate email addresses (comcast & gmail) and no verification email.  I contacted dlink support and their only advice or help was to recommend to return the camera.  Funny part is that I received the email from notification@dlink.com when i put in an online support request and another email to register for this forum just fine.  Apparently their email verification system is broken and no one knows how to fix it.  Guess I will have to return the camera.

What model camera do you have? If you have a DCS-9XX, try restoring the camera to the factory defaults and reconfiguring the camera. Using a paperclip, push and hold the recessed reset button on the rear of the camera for > 8 seconds.

If this procedure doesn't work, I'll investigate further to see if the issue resides on D-Link.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:26:58 AM by JavaLawyer »

steve1214

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 09:36:11 AM »

yeah not in spam and did the reset with paperclip and re-register with new email.  no dice.  even contacted comcast to see if they see anything on their end.  the camera is being returned.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 09:38:45 AM »

yeah not in spam and did the reset with paperclip and re-register with new email.  no dice.  even contacted comcast to see if they see anything on their end.  the camera is being returned.

I'll see what I can find out...  ???

steve1214

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 08:31:56 AM »

it has absolutely nothing to do my machine or resetting the camera.  perhaps it has something to do with this email i received today.  unfortunately dlink already lost my business and i returned the camera.

Sent: Friday, March 2, 2012 6:00:18 AM
Subject: About mydlink mail failure 02/28 ~ 03/01

Dear Sir ,

Due to technical difficulties, the mydlink mail server was unable to send out verification e-mails from February 28th to March 1st.

If you created a new account or changed your e-mail address during this time, please log into your mydlink account, go to My Profile, and click on the Resend verification e-mail link at the top..

If you used the Forgot your password page to reset your password, simply run through the process again.

If you experience any issues while using the mydlink website, please feel free to contact D-Link Technical Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

mydlink

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 08:53:18 AM »

Although I'm glad the root cause for this issue was identified, I'm sorry that you had such a negative experience with your D-Link camera.
Pages: 1 [2]