• April 26, 2024, 04:24:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: DNS-320L - Firmware v1.02b07 Comments & Observations  (Read 83268 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-320L - Firmware v1.02b07 Comments & Observations
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »

I will escalate this UPnP issue to D-Link.  :-\

same issue with smart tv 69 and 55 series
i get a popup error on tv about the connection to the nas
also lost the possibility to pass through 3dy party application like iMediaShare or others...

fw reports this date : 03/29/2013

same problem here with a Philips TV, upgraded to 1.02, UPnP server folders empty, deleted, created again, nothing to do, downgraded to 1.01 FW and  everything works again.
Made this process two times, same results, no success with FW 1.02
 >:(

Thanks god, I pulled the plug and started new. After a while the system came up with FW 1.01 and the UpN server worked again with my Samsung TV. Lesson learned: Never change a running system!

Hi,
I have a serious problem. I installed firmware version 1.02 but had to realize that the UpN Server did no longer work with my Samsung TV. So I tried to switch back to firmware version 1.01b03, but something went awfully wrong. The green update circle is rotating forever and does not stop!

Please help!

Regards
alzi
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:27:16 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ova

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 01:22:55 PM »

I just upgraded my DNS-320L to the latest firmware 1.02b07 but found a major problem with upnp av server.
My Sony BDP-S790 seems to be able to connect to the NAS but impossible to get folder/files list anymore...
I restarted everything ... same issue. I  was not able to make it work with the latest  firmware.

So I reverted it back to v1.01 (fortunately it is possible).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 02:25:33 PM »

I just upgraded my DNS-320L to the latest firmware 1.02b07 but found a major problem with upnp av server.
My Sony BDP-S790 seems to be able to connect to the NAS but impossible to get folder/files list anymore...
I restarted everything ... same issue. I  was not able to make it work with the latest  firmware.

So I reverted it back to v1.01 (fortunately it is possible).

Thanks.  I've escalated this issue to D-Link (as per my prior post) so they can address.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 05:51:06 AM »

D-Link provided a procedure addressing the UPnP issues reported by users using DNS-320L firmware version 1.02b07: Firmware v1.02b07 and UPnP [FIX]

inferni

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 10:56:12 AM »

I have upgraded to 1.02b07 all looks fine.

Yes, after the firmware upgrade I have to manually run the refresh all in order my Panasonic Smart TV can list out all the supported media files.

Thanks Java for the quick response.

Thank you.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 11:05:57 AM »

I have upgraded to 1.02b07 all looks fine.

Yes, after the firmware upgrade I have to manually run the refresh all in order my Panasonic Smart TV can list out all the supported media files.

Thanks Java for the quick response.

Thank you.

Thanks for reporting back!
I'm glad the solution works for you.  ;)

webbear

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 12:24:51 PM »

It works,  :) :) :) :)
thanks Java

Hugs

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 05:34:09 PM »

It works,  :) :) :) :)
thanks Java

Hugs

Great to hear that UPnP is working for you now!
can other members please validate the UPnP fix?
Thanks!

drc954

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 09:35:01 PM »

Okay, installed the 29-Mar v1.02 firmware. Previously on the original v1.00, if that matters. Two observations. The web login screen sometimes response with "error, wrong password," but either re-entering or just pressing the button again, will get me in. I'm using just one 2Tb Green WD drive, about 20% used. So as suggested, did a refresh for UPandP in the Video and Music directories. The Music directory can't finished, stuck at 40%.

Regards, drc

Picchio

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 01:58:51 AM »

how much time do i have to expect to wait for in order to have the share refreshed?
after 30mins it was still at 2% saying "Initializing" .....  :(
not really confident....

sqldb process al 100%..

thx
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:25:29 AM by Picchio »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2013, 04:17:39 AM »

how much time do i have to expect to wait for in order to have the share refreshed?
after 30mins it was still at 2% saying "Initializing" .....  :(
not really confident....

sqldb process al 100%..

thx

The more files in the folder, the longer it will take. I recommend testing the refresh on a share containing only a handful of files to see if it's working before refreshing shares with a lot of content.

Picchio

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2013, 05:05:44 AM »

yes...
just back after refreshed a small folder.
now refreshing a bigger one, waiting for completion....
after that will restart the upnp server and back to post about the service with my smart tv... x the fingers..

thx J

alzi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2013, 06:46:55 AM »

Hello,

I upgraded to FW 1.02 and refreshed the UPnP Folders. There are two, one with videos and anothher one with pictures in several subfolders. I checked with my Samsung TV, actually the NAS is connected via Powerline with a Samsung blue-ray player that connects to the Samsung TV via HDMI. The videos were accesible at once - good. With the pictures it was a slightly different story. I had the choice to select subfolders or all pictures. To get to the subfolder list  was only possible after several trials, mostly the Samsung system told it could not access them. When I checked all pictures they were accessible though it took some time to get the list transferred. Also, I realized that the fan of the NAS was on much more often, though NAS was basically inactive. I switched back to version 1.01 again, where the problems described do not exist.

To me FW version 1.02 shows no progress compared to 1.01.

alzi 

pineska

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2013, 10:00:10 AM »

Hi,
I'm bought DNS-320L to stream movies, music and photos all over my home network especially my TV LG LW5500 from 2011 as a network player compatible with DLNA standard.
This is total disaster...
All my electronic devices which are DLNA players (TV LG LW5500 from 2011, Tablet with And 4.1 and Samsung GSII with And 4.0 (by Total Commander or Home Media apps)) are not able to play, but even see only few folders with media (all devices see the same folders (about 5% of all enabled folders))
Only Yamaha VCR 671 could play music.
Total Commander see and can open doc. and pdf. fails but that's all. Nothing more.
Now I upgraded FW to 1.02 and like with 1.00, 1.01 there is no progress. Even worse because Yamaha VCR 671 has "denied access" to NAS...
Of course I refresh shares in Applications Management/ Multimedia Services/Multimedia Shares Setting and on of course I enabled UPNP AV server.
Of course I contacted my local DLink services but they told me that they have no access to LG LW series TW and they can't check.
I have checked many forums worldwide and found out that there are a lot of people suffering the same problems.
Is there any chance to improve DNS-320L's cooperation by DLNA or do we have to buy Synology...
This is my first post and could anybody let me know how to pass this case to the producer?
Regards, Michal

NixZero

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2013, 02:44:51 PM »

you can try to install fun_plug and one of the alternative dlna/upnap-av servers (minidlna, twonky etc), but obviously this problem should be solved by dlink, not by unsupported addons
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7