• April 24, 2024, 07:36:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: DNS-320L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 488161 times)

Dester31

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 03:26:13 AM »

Possibility to stream or access music (or video) stored on the NAS drive through the internet like it was stored on my computer locally (if it is possible currently, please tell me how, I didn't find out). It would be great if I could listen to my music far from home with my favorite music player without the need to copy it to the computer.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 04:24:54 AM »

- Dropbox support
- Possibility to set a min. temperature for the fan spins Low/High

Added...  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 04:26:05 AM »

Possibility to stream or access music (or video) stored on the NAS drive through the internet like it was stored on my computer locally (if it is possible currently, please tell me how, I didn't find out). It would be great if I could listen to my music far from home with my favorite music player without the need to copy it to the computer.

This request may fall under the purview of a new app or mydlink.  :-\  ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2012, 04:26:26 AM »

The following DNS-320L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320L D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Improve Web UI responsiveness (sluggish performance)
  • General - HDDs preformatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Option to auto-unzip compressed files following download completion
  • General - Option to manually set fan speed on Low (all the time)
  • General - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high
  • General - Power on/off on a schedule and/or system idle
  • General - Wake on LAN support
  • Backup - Support for additional services: FTP server, Amazon Glacier, Google Drive, Microsoft Sky Drive, and Dropbox
  • GUI - Utilization line on graph is difficult to see (yellow line on a white background)
  • USB - Option to use the USB socket as a hots port
  • P2P - Add option to specify download location (volume and folder)
  • P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • P2P - Full bandwidth is not utilized for downloads
  • P2P - Increase maximum number of elements for onscreen display (Currently limited to 10)
  • P2P - Support for magnet links
  • UPnP - Support for streaming MKV files on a DLNA certified TV
  • [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running
  • [Bug] P2P - Inability to resume a torrent that is stopped (rather than paused)
  • [Bug] P2P - Intermittent P2P client freezing (requires DNS-320L reboot to temporarily restore service)
  • [Bug] P2P - Newly added torrents don't start automatically even if option is checked

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• TBD

o33yto

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 01:25:01 AM »

Hi,

If torrent file is added and contains 100+ files, but I don't need all I want ot have option to select which files to download. I want to download files > 2GB using WEB interface, becasue now have limitation of the size.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 03:39:31 AM »

If torrent file is added and contains 100+ files, but I don't need all I want ot have option to select which files to download.

Added...  ;)

I want to download files > 2GB using WEB interface, becasue now have limitation of the size.

Please elaborate. . .

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 03:41:52 AM »

The following DNS-320L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320L D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - HDDs preformatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high
  • Backup - Support for additional services: FTP server, Amazon Glacier, Google Drive, Microsoft Sky Drive, and Dropbox
  • GUI - Utilization line on graph is difficult to see (yellow line on a white background)
  • P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)
  • P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • P2P - Increase maximum number of elements for onscreen display (Currently limited to 10)
  • [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running
  • [Bug] P2P - Inability to resume a torrent that is stopped (rather than paused)
  • [Bug] P2P - Intermittent P2P client freezing (requires DNS-320L reboot to temporarily restore service)
  • [Bug] P2P - Newly added torrents don't start automatically even if option is checked

• TBD

o33yto

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 04:44:10 AM »

Quote from: o33yto on Today at 01:25:01 AM

I want to download files > 2GB using WEB interface, becasue now have limitation of the size.
Please elaborate. . .
[/quote]

When I am downloading files using WEB intreface I can't download files > 2GB, because I am recieveng a message The download file size must be less than 2GB.

If possible setting Fan always Low to be Fan Off/Low, because when not needed fan will be continue to be on Low mode.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 05:09:53 AM »

Quote from: o33yto on Today at 01:25:01 AM

Please elaborate. . .

When I am downloading files using WEB intreface I can't download files > 2GB, because I am recieveng a message The download file size must be less than 2GB.

Understood. . . Added.  ;)

If possible setting Fan always Low to be Fan Off/Low, because when not needed fan will be continue to be on Low mode.

I think adding the option to disable the fan would be dangerous and present liability issues.  If a novice user disables the fan and the DNS-320L is in a warm environment, that would prevent the DNS-320L from protecting itself against overheating.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 05:12:07 AM »

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Remove the 2GB file size constraint for downloads via the web interface.
  • P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)

• TBD

htlecso

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 05:15:32 AM »

I bought this NAS mainly because it supports bittorrent, so i dont need to run my pc all day long to seed.
Unfortunately it seems the bulit in P2P contains lots of bug, i have seeding problems, downloadeds torrents are unable to be be seeded again if accidentally stopped, and sometimes P2P simply stops seeding for no reason.

When can we expect a new FW?

Thanks in advance.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2012, 05:34:16 AM »

When can we expect a new FW?

Hard to say. D-Link does not openly disclose their FW release road map.

o33yto

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 05:38:10 AM »

Understood. . . Added.  ;)

I think adding the option to disable the fan would be dangerous and present liability issues.  If a novice user disables the fan and the DNS-320L is in a warm environment, that would prevent the DNS-320L from protecting itself against overheating.

The setting now is Off/Low/High. I don't want to disable FAN I need to have Off/Low option not only Low. The reason for that request is when the temperature is lower than the limit and fan is no needed, the fan to be Off not always Low as listed.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 05:55:53 AM »

The setting now is Off/Low/High. I don't want to disable FAN I need to have Off/Low option not only Low. The reason for that request is when the temperature is lower than the limit and fan is no needed, the fan to be Off not always Low as listed.

Oh, so you mean an Auto function that toggles between Off and Low depending on the system temperature?

htlecso

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2012, 05:58:06 AM »

I see. I dont expect an exact release date , only a circa time period, we have to wait. So days, weeks, months, or a few months? What do you think?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32