• April 18, 2024, 10:06:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Upgraded to 1.08 now PS3 locks on playing video files - Fine via TVersity  (Read 5369 times)

PeteWalker74

• Level 1 Member

Howdy all...

I just recently upgraded to 1.08.  Before this, I could play videos using the NAS device directly.  Now, if I do so, it freezes the PS3, and I have to hard reset it.  If I use the TVersity server from my PC to be the go-between between the PS3 and the NAS, it plays videos just fine.  I obviously don't want to keep my PC on all the time, and want to be able to play straight from the NAS.  Was there something that changed that is causing this behavior?  I'd appreciate any insight into this.  Thank you.

abellofi

• Level 2 Member
Re: Upgraded to 1.08 now PS3 locks on playing video files - Fine via TVersity
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »

FWIW, I have been streaming over Gigabit ethernet from my DNS323 1.08 to my PS3 with latest release just fine.

PeteWalker74

• Level 1 Member
Re: Upgraded to 1.08 now PS3 locks on playing video files - Fine via TVersity
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 06:26:40 PM »

Maybe I should just reset settings to default?  I'm just scared of losing my data.  Very scared  :-[

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member

It's never a bad idea to reset this box to factory defaults, that seems to cure a lot of ills.  Particularly, when you upgrade firmware, it's pretty much a mandatory move.

You should not lose any data, I've done this a few times with my DNS-323 and DNS-321.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

MisterJumpMan

• Level 1 Member

I'm having a similar issue. My PS3 Slim 250GB has firmware 3.15, and my DNS-323 has 1.08 with 2 1TB drives. They're both hardwired on the network run by the DIR-825 (Firmware 1.13NA). The PS3 was streaming just fine until the other day, now it freezes up. Strangely enough, I can stream if I "View All Videos" and choose a file, or if I play a video from my Folder view which isn't layered deeper than one folder. I can even play a video from "View All Videos" and have it stream fine, but if I folder browse to that video, it freezes the PS3.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:29:58 PM by MisterJumpMan »

Buhric

• Level 3 Member

Could it be a too long filename+filepath?

Well the Xbox 360 has an issue on where if the FilePath+Filename are over 70 chars, it wont play the video. It would list list, but would give out an error when I tried to play it....

Could the PS3 having the same problem now?

mysticode

• Level 1 Member

I am also having this issue.  It was working fine one night (Wed Mar 17) and then stopped working the next day.  I was running the beta version of 1.08 for a few months but I updated to the latest and no luck.  I can still stream to XBMC running on my PC over uPnP and I can stream from my MythTV uPnP server to the PS3 so I really don't know where the problem lay.