• March 28, 2024, 11:39:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-6620 Connection Timed Out.  (Read 10520 times)

binarybro

• Level 1 Member
DCS-6620 Connection Timed Out.
« on: October 11, 2009, 10:11:25 PM »

My DCS-6620 Gives me a "Connection Timed Out" dialog box in the Install Wizard and DView Cam software. I upgraded the firmware to 1.06 and now get the dialog boxes. Of course I've reset the device using the pin hole and have also recycled the power to no avail. I'm able to connect to the camera via my browser and utilize it. Unfortunately I'm unable to use the DView Cam software to record. Have any of you any ideas? The firmware upgrade was performed via the wire as this is not the wireless model.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-6620 Connection Timed Out.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 04:42:14 PM »

If you can access the camera in the browser you should not have an issue. After adding the camera to D-ViewCam please versify the access port the username/password and the correct IP address listed under the camera information. Thats the little icon above the live camera display that just shows an i icon.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

binarybro

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 08:10:59 AM »

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Upon reading your response I again tried to use the
DCS-6620 in question. After powering the unit up I depressed the "Return To Factory Default" button on the base of the camera. Using the Installation Wizard 1.11, the camera was discovered. It's IP Address is 192.168.0.104 as assigned by DHCP. Upon checking the appropriate box for the camera in question and selecting "Setup" I received a "Connection Timed Out" dialog box. Then using the "Link To Selected Device" option I viewed the camera and verified it's IP address and port number using the camera's "Configuration" button, in the now opened browser. It is set to; 192.168.0.104:80, as expected. And now while in IP Surveillance 3.2.0.33, I've tried to add the camera using the "Camera Configuration" option found at the "Tools" icon. Upon entering the correct IP Address and Port for the camera, I receive a "Connection To 192.168.0.104 Has Timed Out Or, The Model Of Camera Is Invalid" dialog box. Here's an interesting part. Upon closing the aforementioned dialog box the camera and it's "Network Settings" page is visable. So I hit the "Save" button as if to save the newly added camera to the list of all cameras in use by IP Surveillance. Only to discover that the "Connecting... 192.168.0.104" will not connect. And there is no additional dialog box. Simply a failure to connect and monitor the camera. When I go back to "Camera Configuration" It's still there and I can view video, change settings, and otherwise manage the device. Another thing I find odd. The camera seems to be monitored by the IP Surveillance program still. Even thought it has been deleted from the list of cameras. I say this because there is network traffic associated with this cam until I pull the Server with the IP Surveillance Program from the switch. Is it possible that the firmware update to firmware 1.06 for the DCS-5300 was mistakenly made available to the DCS-6600 owners on the D-Link website? Thanks again for your help.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:39:02 AM by binarybro »

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 10:48:42 AM »

Is it possible that the firmware update to firmware 1.06 for the DCS-5300 was mistakenly made available to the DCS-6600 owners on the D-Link website? Thanks again for your help.

No, the firmware available is the 6620 firmware. On top of that, even if the DCS-5300 firmware made it onto the website, you would not be able to load it onto the 6620 and would receive and invalid file error. There are checksums in place to make sure things like that can't happen.

Which version of D-ViewCam are you using?

binarybro

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 11:12:30 AM »

Currently I'm not using D-View Cam. I'm using IP Surveillance 3.2.0.33. I kinda figured there would have been an automatic abort when trying to install the incorrect firmware upgrade. It is helpfull to pass on all information, none the less. And ask questions as well. In answer to the next possibly asked question. The firmware upgrade to 1.06 was successfully completed on an ethernet cable. The Camera in question is not WiFi capable. Again, thanks for your interest in my posts.